Performer 2 Upper Intake Removal.

• Sponsors (?)

mmfp_0705_02_z+intake+edelbrock_performer_rpm_II.jpg

Look at hte lower for the bolt locations on the upper. front one looks like a stud and four bolts down each side.
If i had to guess its the one on the back drivers side that youve missed, lots of wires back there to hide behind.

If all bolts are accounted for it may be helpful to place your purse on the ground or pull up said skirt and give it a good whack or two.

:D

Reactions: 2 users
Ok i removed it , and the valve covers. i also had a tick for a long time. it was checked out, and all was fine. but it did break. inside i found 1 rocker, 1 rocker stud bolt? and a push rod?

the components that make up one rocker assembly? everything looks intact except the stud bolt broke. push rod looks ok. so i need a new stud bolt, and retainer bolt for the rocker.

what else would cause that bolt to break other than overtightened?

any other suggestions? new push rod rocker and stud bolt? thanks

hey all, after looking into the hole were the push rod was, i saw like 2 sleeves? What are these? it is not the intake side. that rocker is lined up with the header hole.

I do see one of these sleeves inside as being splayen? like a couple of shreds on the inside.

dont every one pile on, but now do i have to take off the heads also? ty...

hey all, after looking into the hole were the push rod was, i saw like 2 sleeves? What are these? it is not the intake side. that rocker is lined up with the header hole.

I do see one of these sleeves inside as being splayen? like a couple of shreds on the inside.

dont every one pile on, but now do i have to take off the heads also? ty...
Can you upload any pictures of this? That would help greatly

no i don't have any pictures.

i was looking at the lifter, below were the push rod sits. it bleeds down to fast from day one i was told..

i think i will replace that lifter. no harm will be done because i don't change them all? or uses a different brand?

like this one?

http://www.crower.com/hydraulic-lifters-ford-221-302-351-370-400-429-460.html

i was told the lower intake will need to come off, lifter can be replaced from there. maybe the heads can stay on, That would be nice...

i did notice a little wear on one side of the roller of the rocker. not a flat spot but added pressure was pushing there., just the edge of the roller looked like it was not perfectly aligned in the center of the bearing the holds the roller. a little play from left to right on that roller bearing also.
there was more pressure placed on the edge of the roller. a little nick also on the very edge of that roller. the inside of the seat that holds the push rod is scathed up to much to reuse it.
new rocker.
i still not sure about this valve being damaged too. any symptoms or will i have to start it up and listen?

no i don't have any pictures.

i was looking at the lifter, below were the push rod sits. it bleeds down to fast from day one i was told..

i think i will replace that lifter. no harm will be done because i don't change them all? or uses a different brand?

like this one?

http://www.crower.com/hydraulic-lifters-ford-221-302-351-370-400-429-460.html

i was told the lower intake will need to come off, lifter can be replaced from there. maybe the heads can stay on, That would be nice...

i did notice a little wear on one side of the roller of the rocker. not a flat spot but added pressure was pushing there., just the edge of the roller looked like it was not perfectly aligned in the center of the bearing the holds the roller. a little play from left to right on that roller bearing also.
there was more pressure placed on the edge of the roller. a little nick also on the very edge of that roller. the inside of the seat that holds the push rod is scathed up to much to reuse it.
new rocker.
i still not sure about this valve being damaged too. any symptoms or will i have to start it up and listen?

To replace lifters ya gotta take upper and lower intake off, remove valve covers and remove the rocker arms and push rods, then proceed to take the little metal "spider" as I call it. It's the metal thing that holds down the plastic retainers for the lifters. Pop the retainers off and you should be able to take the lifters out with the heads on. I was able to, at least.

I'd go ahead and replace all the lifters, though (but that's just me).
I went with these. I didn't think they were too bad of a price but I think Rick at RNH can get you a better deal than just about anywhere else.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-21400004-16/