Performer or RPM upper/lower, and what head`s???

GT5.0L

Nov 2, 2002
B.C.
I`m going build up my engine a little and I want to pass aircare
when the time come`s around so I don`t want to build up my engine and then it wont pass aircare so I need a little advice.

this is what I have on the engine so far.
march horse power pullies
Mac shorty header`s (will be installed same time as head`s)
373 grear`s if that matter`s
and everything else is stock all the way down to the cam.

I would like to go with the RPM upper and lower because I think it`s better then the performer. Will the RPM upper/lower
fit under my ford racing front strut brace???

I`m also going to get edlebrock RPM head`s to match
but there are to diffrent size`s, witch one should I go with??
The 65cc or the 70cc??? and strait plug`s or angle plug`s??
I am asumming angle plug`s, but I thought I would ask anyway. And I would like to do some new rocker`s as well and advice on that would also be good.

Should I also upgrade to 24LB injecter`s at the same time?? what about a bigger maf and TB or can that wait a while after the head`s and upper/lower are installed??

How much HP will I be looking at??

So I`m trying to keep in mined that I will be doing a rebuild in the nexed cupple of year`s so at that time I will but in a cam aswell.

Thank`s guy`s, if there`s is anything I missed feel free to add.

Mike. 89GT

• Sponsors (?)

If I were you, I'd go w/ the Performer Intake. Unless you have plans to add a blower or really rev this thing, the RPM won't help you out. The Performer's a nice intake. As for heads, the 65cc chamber should do just fine. 70cc will really lower your compression. 24lb injectors and a matching Mass air meter will be right at home with your plans. 65mm TB would fit in too. I bet you could have about 255-260rwhp w/ stock cam. Good luck with it. Looks like you're on a good start! :nice:

O really, that sound`s good.
thank`s for your help, best post I`v read in a while.

Will the performer fit under the ford racing strut brace???
I have the brace on my car allready so I just want to make sure.

I just put on the Edlebrock Performer RPM II upper and lower with the Edelbrock Perfomer RPM heads. I have a cam and the usual other mods. I love the set up. Made a big difference in power.

I agree with the set up. I would suggest a E303 cam. Since you will hav ethe heads off, go ahead a put a cam in. The E303 will pass smog.

:nice:

GT5.0L said:
I`m going build up my engine a little and I want to pass aircare
when the time come`s around so I don`t want to build up my engine and then it wont pass aircare so I need a little advice.

this is what I have on the engine so far.
march horse power pullies
Mac shorty header`s (will be installed same time as head`s)
373 grear`s if that matter`s
and everything else is stock all the way down to the cam.

I would like to go with the RPM upper and lower because I think it`s better then the performer. Will the RPM upper/lower
fit under my ford racing front strut brace???

I`m also going to get edlebrock RPM head`s to match
but there are to diffrent size`s, witch one should I go with??
The 65cc or the 70cc??? and strait plug`s or angle plug`s??
I am asumming angle plug`s, but I thought I would ask anyway. And I would like to do some new rocker`s as well and advice on that would also be good.

Should I also upgrade to 24LB injecter`s at the same time?? what about a bigger maf and TB or can that wait a while after the head`s and upper/lower are installed??

How much HP will I be looking at??

So I`m trying to keep in mined that I will be doing a rebuild in the nexed cupple of year`s so at that time I will but in a cam aswell.

Thank`s guy`s, if there`s is anything I missed feel free to add.

Mike. 89GT

88GTStreetRod said:
I just put on the Edlebrock Performer RPM II upper and lower with the Edelbrock Perfomer RPM heads. I have a cam and the usual other mods. I love the set up. Made a big difference in power.

I agree with the set up. I would suggest a E303 cam. Since you will hav ethe heads off, go ahead a put a cam in. The E303 will pass smog.

:nice:

how do you like the rpmII? do you have any dyno results? what supporting hardware?

-sorry about the thread-jack.

-steve