Photo Request: Injector install

Husky44

10 Year Member
Sep 27, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Need a favor: Can someone take a fairly close-up photo of an installed fuel injector?

I'm installing the fuel injection system in my 67 (TFW StreetHeat intake). I bought new injectors (Accel 89030) but the tips are significantly larger than the take offs (what appears to be stock). They will insert into the intake, but it doesn't seem like they're all the way in. TF tech support says it's the correct part #, so maybe they just don't fit as far in as I think they should?

If somebody has decent access to their car and can take me a couple of pics, I'd greatly appreciate it. My 95 is in deep storage (outside, in trailer, with cover on, and it's -10 degrees) so I can't just pop the hood to look at it.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Old stock lower and a 42LB'er...Quarter for size reference. Hope it helps....If you need a few more I can re-attack...
DSCF0542.JPG

Everyone I've ever messed around with moves a bit.
When it's all assembled, the injector is sandwiched between the fuel rail and lower intake. The rail is hard mounted to the lower,,,,that keeps it in place vertically, but they'll still rotate. I imagine that's all redundant info to you though....
Yours looks OK to me.....

I hope you used some petroleum jelly to get them in without messing up the seals. Make sure those ports are clean of debris and add some petroleum to them to keep the seals from scratching or taring. Do this to both sides. Just a small film should do the trick!

I hope you used some petroleum jelly to get them in without messing up the seals. Make sure those ports are clean of debris and add some petroleum to them to keep the seals from scratching or taring. Do this to both sides. Just a small film should do the trick!
I prefer silicon grease for o ring lube. I worry about petroleum jelly on rubber seals degrading them.

Reactions: 1 user
They look fine to me too.
The way I look at it is that if the fuel rail bolts go in, then you are fine.
I don't think the fuel rail will bolt in right unless everything is seated.

Good luck!
I know how you feel about getting it going.
I have one we just got buttoned up today in the car, and started it just to hear it run, even though we still have to get the tune in it and a belt on the front. It was a good feeling, even if it's a few more tweaks away from actually driving.