PI Head Swap ?

GT 5spd

Apr 9, 2004
I am thinking about doing this swap........For people who have did this how much did it cost you? If i do this swap i would like to buy them from a company that port and polishes them...so does any body out there have your heads Ported and Polished if ya did, do you think it helped you...Or is there a descent aftermarket head out there?????

• Sponsors (?)

GT 5spd said:
I am thinking about doing this swap........For people who have did this how much did it cost you? If i do this swap i would like to buy them from a company that port and polishes them...so does any body out there have your heads Ported and Polished if ya did, do you think it helped you...Or is there a descent aftermarket head out there?????
the full swap costed me $1577.
i just pieced together my headswap kit.parkway sells a kit if you don't wanna piece 1 together.they sell for $1350 shipped.you will definitely notice a gain after the swap.my dyno #'s are in my sig.it makes your car sound different too.gives it a more deep tone.
i am looking into getting my heads p&p.i see in your sig that you just got your car and its mostly stock.i say you throw some 3.73's in there but thats just me.you will notice a big difference in acceleration in your car.and it won't break your bank either.
goodluck.
charles

trikeffex said:
the full swap costed me $1577.
i just pieced together my headswap kit.parkway sells a kit if you don't wanna piece 1 together.they sell for $1350 shipped.you will definitely notice a gain after the swap.my dyno #'s are in my sig.it makes your car sound different too.gives it a more deep tone.
i am looking into getting my heads p&p.i see in your sig that you just got your car and its mostly stock.i say you throw some 3.73's in there but thats just me.you will notice a big difference in acceleration in your car.and it won't break your bank either.
goodluck.
charles

Thanks Man, Do they have a website i can vist? And Gears are i my plan also......and i geuss you are using stock PI Cams....I was also thinking about Cams...And is that $1350 with the intake?

GT 5spd said:
Thanks Man, Do they have a website i can vist? And Gears are i my plan also......and i geuss you are using stock PI Cams....I was also thinking about Cams...And is that $1350 with the intake?
yes the $1350 includes EVERYTHING needed for the swap.i wish i would have waited for my vt stage 2 cams,but o-well.
i gave my friend $600 to yank my engine,and run through it to make sure everything was up to par,and do the head swap and put the motor back in.
charles

Dont bother with steen racing, they are retarded there in my opinion (bad experience). Anyway, not many people port and polish too when they do the swap because its not going to give you that much more power unless you are going with a different cam than the stock pi cam.

All in all, my swap cost me about 1200-1300 I think. I paid 800 for the heads, shipped from steeda, pi intake from mustangtuning.com 190, head changing kit 100, misc gaskets from 50resto.com and seanhylandmotorsport.com 50-75. I replaced my water pump while everything was apart, so that was extra and I didnt have a single tool when I started the swap so those were extra. All you really need though is a good set of metrics (deep well and regular) 7mm-19mm.

trikeffex said:
yes the $1350 includes EVERYTHING needed for the swap.i wish i would have waited for my vt stage 2 cams,but o-well.
i gave my friend $600 to yank my engine,and run through it to make sure everything was up to par,and do the head swap and put the motor back in.
charles

So do they have a website i can visit? If I do Go ahead and get the cams i will definetly go with stage 2 cams.....

I have also been considering Steen Racing also.....

So does anybody know of any after market 4.6 Heads?? Or Is PI my Best option

GT 5spd said:
So do they have a website i can visit? If I do Go ahead and get the cams i will definetly go with stage 2 cams.....

No aftermarket heads only ford, only other option is the SVO heads which are expensive. Heres 2 more places that sell the complete kit.

http://www.parkwayperformance.com/2vheadswap.asp
http://powerheads.com/headswap.html

GT 5spd said:

The PI heads have good flow numbers as they are. Cams let make better power with them. Stock PIs flow a lot better than a lot of the hogged out and polished 5.0 aftermarket heads. Intake and exaust is where most of your restrictions will be.