PI intake

• Sponsors (?)

intake, PI gaskets, rtv silicone, alternator bracket (unless you have the NPI "fix" manifold, then you can reuse the crossover and bracket), water pump o-ring and nipple, coolant runner (the thing that goes under the intake in the block valley). that should be everything. It'd probably be a good idea to replace your egr gasket at the same time too, unless that is deleted. Ask randy s and he'll hook you up with a great price on everything.

Either or. I used NPI, most people say PI, they all work the same IMO (give me 5 years and maybe I'll say differently?) The PI gaskets will require RTV around the coolant passages, the NPI gaskets require RTV around the intake passages.

Either or. I used NPI, most people say PI, they all work the same IMO (give me 5 years and maybe I'll say differently?) The PI gaskets will require RTV around the coolant passages, the NPI gaskets require RTV around the intake passages.

I used the NPI gaskets also. Going on 3 years since the swap and no problems. I haven't really kept up with the forums a lot in the past couple of years, but seems like most people were going with the NPI gaskets at first. Not sure what changed. :shrug:

intake, PI gaskets, rtv silicone, alternator bracket (unless you have the NPI "fix" manifold, then you can reuse the crossover and bracket), water pump o-ring and nipple, coolant runner (the thing that goes under the intake in the block valley). that should be everything. It'd probably be a good idea to replace your egr gasket at the same time too, unless that is deleted. Ask randy s and he'll hook you up with a great price on everything.

So this is a good list and going to Randy is great advice. He hooked up probably 90% of us with pieces/parts for this swap. Anyway if you have a '98, you should already have the updated nipple for the back of the waterpump in which case you can skip the steps involved with replacing i.e. removing waterpump and replacing gaskets. Will save you about a 1/2 hour of work - unless your like me and didn't realize it was the updated part then proceeded to :bang: removing the water pump as it was stuck in there pretty good. You will need the updated coolant runner tube however. It's bent to run along the side of the V instead of directly in the center.

Good luck with the swap!

It isn't really. There used to be a real good write-up but the site is was on isn't around anymore. My suggestion is to label everything you take off. I numbered all the bolts and hoses and stuff and placed the bolts/nuts in labeled Ziploc bags.

The only problems I ran into was the old coolant nipple was stuck and I ended up flaring the end trying to remove it. If yours is a problem just take a socket the fits exactly over the end of the nipple and whack on it that way. Keeps it from flaring.

If you need fuel line tool I picked mine up at Auto Zone. They came in a set of 5 and are white plastic. I only used one size but they are good to have around and are not expensive.

I made a thread a few years ago with all the part numbers for all the items needed. Several people had replies with some good info as well. Sorry that the pics are no longer available.

Original thread (from another site):
http://forums.************.com/4-6l-2v-tech/19879-parts-needed-pi-intake-swap-pics-inside.html

Duplicate thread from Stangnet:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=430490

The only new thing I have to add is that the alternator bracket I listed won't work correctly, and the 2 new thermostat housing bolts aren't 100% necessary (stock ones can be reused).

With just the intake?

I never had a dyno before the swap but a dyno day I went to had a 97 GT with nearly the same mods as mine except for the intake and me having 4.10's to his 3.73's. Mine hit 213 while his was 197.

At first I missed the 100shot and was like 340WTF makes no sense. Id say 340rwhp is pushing it...a PI cam/manifold swap will net 25-35hp I think...so manifold I'd put at 10-15, plus another 10-15 for the headers...tune could squeeze another 10-15...CLOSE, but high I think. If you DO get 45 I'm going to be happily surprised hopefully when I go get mine dynotuned this spring!

BTW why you selling the Bassani?

If you wanted you could PM me some pics/info :D