Pic of my new exhaust setup

I got a pic of my new exhaust setup in case anyone is wondering how it is run under the car. It's purrrrty :nice:

dcp1927hm1.jpg

The mufflers are Borla Stingers in case anyone is wondering, and they make sweet, sweet music with a 5.0 :hail2:

Attachments

• dcp1927hm1.jpg
    dcp1927hm1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

Sweet...how does it sound??

Where did you get the side skirts?

I am jealous! :hail2:

I've had them for almost 4 years now, they came with the side exhaust. I just finally decided I'd had enough of the poor exhaust flow, quietness, and low ground clearance of the old system. It would be fine on a car that isn't dropped as much as mine.

As far as how it sounds, its exactly what I have always wanted. Throaty, yet mellow below 2500rpm, then it gets LOUD after you pass 3000rpm. I'll be getting a nice video clip of it this weekend. I absolutely love it, it's like driving a whole new car.

I got a pic of my new exhaust setup in case anyone is wondering how it is run under the car. It's purrrrty :nice:

dcp1927hm1.jpg

The mufflers are Borla Stingers in case anyone is wondering, and they make sweet, sweet music with a 5.0 :hail2:

How the hell is it possible that you undercarriage looks so clean? And yet so plain.(not in a bad way) I dont get it when I have my car on the lift at work, I look under and I see a bunch of crap underthere. But its like all you have is the exhaust and fuel and brake lines. Maybe I need to get my car on the lift again and really take another look.

Attachments

• dcp1927hm1.jpg
    dcp1927hm1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 68
:stupid:

Wow Dan, the under side of your car is as clean as all other aspects of it. how do you do it?

I like how nice and simple the exhaust setup is, did you just have a shop custom bend some tubing and weld it in place?

Thanks guys, the car is clean underneath due to alot of time spent repainting it a couple years ago...not a fun project, but the results were worth it.

1tallmf, I got the mufflers from an 03-04 cobra catback, took them to a mustang shop in PA (Rodeheaver's Hot Rods - http://www.rodeheavershotrod.com/), and had him bend up the tails out of s/s tubing and weld it all up. I took a deep breath and had him cut the tips off my old exhaust and reuse them. I'll be selling the old side exhaust soon, minus tips and side skirts of course.

Tom, I will be getting some subframes soon, I just have too many wants at the time. Tim at Rodeheaver's said he could make me a set to work with the side exhaust when I was ready, but it'll cost $250-300, cuz apparently there is a decent amount of custom work required to clear it all.

y'know, what's funny is that i'm doing this exhaust set up myself, only using SLP resonators, so I'm going to have to bend some custom side exit's as well, and I'd be really interested to hear how your's sounds at this point

dcp1927hm1.jpg

I need mufflers for my side exhaust skirts.... Where did you get the stingers???
Can you take any video clips of it??????:hail2:

Attachments

• dcp1927hm1.jpg
    dcp1927hm1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 61
Thanks everybody!

The stingers are hard to find. I watched classified ads religiously for 6 months to find a pair. From what I have seen, you can only get them in a 99-04 GT or cobra catback, or in a vette catback. I was lucky enough to find a guywith an 03 cobra who decided they were too loud for his tastes, and had them cut out of his catback. By far my favorite sounding exhaust I have ever heard, period. I am working on some exhaust clips, it's been raining ALOT lately...so the stang hides in the garage. I was gonna take a video when me and gmkillr went driving today, but we never got around to it. I will try to get an idle, rev, and flyby clip for you guys asap.