Pic request and some help needed..

Matts89Notch

Jan 26, 2007
Ok well my car wont srtart because the fuel pump is not turning on. I'm in the process if finding out why. The relay is new, the anertia switch is pushed in, it has a new fuel filer, and i need to get a test light....

I'm about to see if the pump will turn on by testing it. I have looked at the info reguarding on testing these things and want to make sure I don't blow anything....according to the info. I should trick the pump by grounding the connector started in the one pic..right? If the pump turns on than it's somthing else...if not than I have to drop the tank, check the connections, and if everything seems ok, than replace the pump...

Another thing I would like to see if anyone can or already has a picture of the vacuum lines where they all come together....I have the diagram but I'm still a little confused because like 3-4 of the lines snapped (the lines snapped like they were 100 years old...) and i have no idea what go's where....The diagram helps but a live pic. would be perfact....if no can get me a pic. from there car I'm going have to waite untill I can look at my friends stang...

The last question I have is reguarding the trick flow a/c delete kit...I have the ac off but I'm a little confused on how to bolt this plate up.. Do I move the ps and the little bracket for it up to one of the a/c holes? Than take the plate from the kit and connect it to the water pump bolts/ps? This little bracket has me stumped and the kit dod not come with directions...I did not expect it to, but I was not planing on it being the slightest bit confusing....

I decided that I can get this thing running by myself as long as I do things step by step and take my time. I don't want to throw money away by having a shop look at it because it sould not be that hard.

• Sponsors (?)

Ok well now I'm REALLY stumped.....I have not touched my car since this all started on tuesday....we got about 4" of snow and well today most of it melted....to the point....

I go to the store and pick up a test light...come home...stick the key in the ingnition and turn it to on.....THE PUMP TURNED ON! I'm like ok:shrug: ...pushed in the clutch and it started like nothing ever happened.....:doh:

Ok well I now know my fuel pump is fine and it was idling ok for the vacuum lines being all messed up...I tried my best to put it how it was and it's not too off I guess. I would still like to buy new lines and fix it how it should be..

The pics of the vacuum lines would be a great help though!!:hail2: Any Ideas on the t/f kit??:shrug: