*PICS* JLT Intake Matched Paint

anticubicle

Jul 30, 2007
For anyone in the market for an intake...I got the JLT CAI with the painted inlet tube option (cheap!). It's very high quality and the paint matches very well.

Also, DiabloSport did some testing with my car and other intakes. The JLT dyno'd at 316 RWHP (the car's best) while the C&L Street and Racer kits both dyno'd in at 311 RWHP. 5 RWHP gain over the leading brand. We didn't get to test a Steeda intake so no #'s on that.

Anyway, this thing owns. You can't beat it for this price! I'm def sending them a testimonial.

1124073120.jpg

Attachments

• 1124073120.jpg
    1124073120.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah I love the exhaust, a bit drony for my taste at certain cruising RPM's but I think that's because I had just gotten used to having a "quiet" car haha. It's much better now that I got used to a more agressive exhaust tone.

Hopefully this JLT combo I'm getting will get me more power and save me some money at the gas pump as well, I hear some people are picking up a full day of commuting with a good intake/tuner combo, that's just what I need really.

Make sure you get a Predator too. You'll need a tune for sure.

Actually, the Predator was the first mod I bought for my 07 in preperation for the 4.10 gears that went in when the car was 2 weeks old (October 2006). After seeing your results, and similar reports from others, I ordered the JLT CAI a couple days ago. Just waiting for it to arrive now. My Predator has an "OEM" menu that allows me to easily switch which airbox is on the car (stock, C&L, JLT, WMS, supercharger, etc.), so it looks like tuning for the JLT will be easy as it's already in my tuner. Plus, I use the "firm shifting / 93 octane" tune.

From the looks of your high 12-second ET's, anticubicle, I may need better flowing exhaust to truly capitalize on the increased air going into the car. Especially, since I've bumped my redline to 7,000 rpm's (I shift at 6,500 rpm's at the track), have 4.10's, and a 3,800-4,000 rpm Fuddle Racing Stall Converter. I think that better exhaust will be important considering my car never revs below 3,800 rpm's at the track which such a loose converter.

Keep in mind, I had my car custom tuned by Kevin MacDonald at DiabloSport with a few of my own modifications. I'm not running the base JLT tune that's in the Predator.

What I suggest you do is try and get a hold of Kevin and see if he can do an email tune for you.