pics needed: heat extractor hood w/ cobra/aftermarket front bumper

chaos254

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2002
NJ
I currently have a kaenan heat extractor hood and since my front bumper is pretty much shot(someone hit it and paint is coming off everywhere), i'm looking to get a new bumper. I dont know if i should get another stocker or get a cobra/aftermarket bumper. Price is an issue so cervini's is pretty much out of the question even though i love their stalker front....$479 :jaw: Oh and the aftermarket has to look good with the stock side skirts/rear bumper because I won't be changing any of that.

• Sponsors (?)

man this is gonna be a hard decision :bang: ....i've narrowed it down to the saleen front bumper or the cobra with front lip. Both are from ABC exclusive and are the same price. I think the cobra with front lip is more sleek(factory looking) and then the saleen is more flashy but not overdone. arghh i hate these kind of decisions!

here are pics of the cobra with front lip from Punisher302's car:
1.jpg

frontleftangle-1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 136
  • frontleftangle-1.jpg
    frontleftangle-1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 94
I guess it comes down to:
Do you want fog lights or not?

I like the Saleen bumper better, I wish I had some pics of my car because I have the hood you are looking for but with the stock bumper. You can have fog lights with the Saleen bumper but then it doesnt look as cool.

Personally, I like Punnishers look. It looks hard core but just like you I would need to see the Saleen hood with the Cobra bumper/splitter.

Maybe someone can photoshop something up for us?
-fawcett

I really like the Cobra w/ the lip, I wish mine had the lip on it :( I had a Stalker bumper from Cervin's before they upped the prices on them, thats one of my top 3 favorite front bumpers.

thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. unfortunately, though, my bumper (as do the rear and side skirts) desperately need a repainting! planning to do that w/in the next couple of weeks.

anyhow, the cobra bumper + lip lines up really well w/ the stock side skirts--a prime example is Matt's car.

lol @ Jinx. correction: i can't drive *after a few drinks*. rather, i can't see raised medians in a city i'm not familiar with after a few drinks.

Kevin: aside from my incident w/ the raised median (which cracked the front & rear bumpers, and driver side skirt), i have a crapload of rock chips and what not, plus my genius of a painter didn't use flex agent in these parts.

lol @ Jinx. correction: i can't drive *after a few drinks*. rather, i can't see raised medians in a city i'm not familiar with after a few drinks.

Kevin: aside from my incident w/ the raised median (which cracked the front & rear bumpers, and driver side skirt), i have a crapload of rock chips and what not, plus my genius of a painter didn't use flex agent in these parts.

that would make a good Don't drink and drive compain.

Don't drink and drive you'll run over medians and **** up your stang. Friends don't like friends kill mustangs