(PICS) New Hood, bumper ect ect ect.

Numbles

Dec 10, 2003
Chicago, IL
Here are some after pics of the work my body shop did. Its been since Dec 31st since the accident and its finally all done.

Cobra emblem or no cobra emblem in grille? :shrug:
image0004.jpg.jpg

image0007.jpg.jpg

Before and after the cobra brakes.
image0038.jpg.jpg

image0001.jpg.jpg

One more at a 1/4 angle
image0003.jpg.jpg

Now Id have a progress page going on grinding down and polishing my edelbrock intake but........ I forgot, it never came in the mail. :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Looking pretty damn good. Where did you get the pieces and how do you like the fit and finish? I like the look of the empty grill as long as the car is lowered. Even as it stands, I'd go with the Cobra or nothing at all. With the horse in there, the car looks too stock and subtle.

EDIT: I think I changed my mind after staring at it for a minute or so. . .maybe the horse will look better at least untill you get the Cobra badges on the fenders.

So whats the dumpster for?

yeah...leave the cobra emblem for the cobras. even tho urs kinda looks like one, i wouldnt do it. even if you were faster than most cobras i still wouldnt do it cause you still have a gt and not a cobra. keep the pony and sell the emblem to put towards a different intake (cause you got dicked over on the last one). plus get a new one so i can have an excuse to shoot the **** with you while we put it on man :D ....lookin good tho. just as long as you keep ur back bumper sayin MUSTANG GT ;)

oh yeah...get some friggin clear corners for you car too :nice:

Well for those who like to ask questions about what around people cars in the pictures, the dumpster if for garbage. DUH. LOL. My mom is moving and we needed a dumpster because she will never throw anything away. Its already full and ive only done the garage so far.

If I ever get a smokin deal on a rear bumper that says mustang or cobra, then the side badges are going on.

I got everything from 50resto.com. BTW if anyone is going to buy and 96 cobra hood and has to pay extra for the scoops. Dont buy them. I got an extra set through 50resto.com They gave me 2 sets for no reason.

The fit on everything is goot exept the hood needs to be realined about 2mm to the right. Its a little too close to the fender on the left side there.

Update on the intake. John is sending me partial money back and will make payment untill he gets to the full ammount. I dont know how this is going to work because he going to jail. He's going to sell the intakes locally and when they are sold, he will send me my money. If anyone in Ft. Lauderdale florida wants an Edelbrock RPM Intake. Contact mr. blackstang. He's only selling locally :rolleyes:

The side markers are staying. There is no clear corner that I have seen that looks factory. All of them look out of place. Unless anyone know where to get one that is stock looking without the yellow oval on the side.

id suggest again not going with Cobra emblems...its like putting type-r badges on integras or civics that are not type-r's....why do people seemed embarrased to drive GT's?? id rather say i have a GT that walks Cobras then say i have a cobra....if you want a cobra so bad then sell the GT and go buy one....

Anthony

I like it :nice: Wish I had some cash to fix my fubar'd bumper, driver's side fender, skirting, rear quarter, and rear bumper :( I'm a huge fan of that hood, but I'm torn between that and the carbon fiber S-351 hood.......my recent loss of cashflow screams cobra hood even though I NEED the other body parts first.

Well, since I'm posting, anyone got any of those body parts for sale...oh yea I need the plastic headlight bracket as well.

I think Im going to keep the snake in the grill, however the side badges will stay GT. Im not ashamed to have a GT but I do like the look of the snakes on the fenders as apposed to the GT emblems.

This whole conversion cost a little under $300 out of my pocket. Which was a added price of getting the cobra kit from 50resto.com compared to my quote. Thanks to John, funny thing about that name. I get backed into by a guy named john and ripped off by another guy named john. Owell, no offence to any other john's out there.

Funny thing is. Me and my buddy bill were having a conversation about me getting this hood and bumper and headlight and stuff about 1 hour before the accident. I was saying how it would be cool to get backed into so that I could have insurance pay for my hood and bumper and stuff. Then were sitting in taco bell and it happens. The guy that hit me was fairly surprised that I could care less that he hit me. I had the biggest grin on my face. LOL.