Pics of 2011 5.0 GT leaked.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
  • Sponsors (?)

More info I found:

View attachment 235700

Another picture I just came across. Those are stock "tuned" headers. :)

* California Special (GT/CS) Returns (Package 402A)
* SVT Performance Package (Option 67F)
* Brembo Brake Package (Option 55D)
* 6-speed Automatic Transmission available
* (3) – 19-inch tire options available
* Order Banks open January 18, 2010
* JOB 1 begins March 15, 2010

For the lazy ones that don't like clicking outside links ;)
The basic parameters were laid out as such: 5.0 liters of displacement and 400 horsepower. The end result is an engine with 92.2mm bore and a 92.7mm stroke. For the mathematically challenged, that works out to 4,952 cubic centimeters and now properly rounds to 5.0-liters while still equaling 302.2 cubic inches. As for the power requirement? Mission accomplished, with 412 hp at 6,500 rpm and 390 pound-feet at 4,000 rpm.

The new 5.0 also has a brand new aluminum cylinder block and heads designed to maximize performance while keeping weight down.The result is a block that's heavily ribbed for rigidity and a deep crank-case that extends down to the bottom of the crankshaft. The 5.0 has four-bolt main bearing caps and the deep crank-case allows the side bolts to fit through the wall into caps that add extra rigidity and support. The configuration happens to be similar to that used on General Motors' LS9 and LSA engines in the ZR1 and CTS-V. Cast-iron cylinder liners, meanwhile, are pressed into the aluminum block to insure a good wearing surface.
The crankshaft is made of forged steel and is fully counter-weighted to aid smoothness. The connecting rods are forged powdered metal and the pistons are hyper-eutectic
Even without using direct injection, Ford was still able to achieve an impressive 11:1 compression ratio while allowing the engine to still run on regular gas. According to Harrison, a lot of effort was expended on the engine management system. The adaptive spark control system keeps the engine running right on the knock sensor all the time, continuously adjusting the spark advance to avoid detonation regardless of the fuel used. The control system has a high bandwidth air-fuel control algorithm to make sure that it's both responsive and efficient. The 5.0 has also benefited from work done on the Fusion Hybrid by incorporating aggressive deceleration fuel shut-off. Whenever the throttle is released, fuel flow is shut off completely to improve efficiency.
Once the fuel is burned, it's just as important to get the exhaust gases out of the engine as it is to get air in. With this in mind, the 5.0 has tubular stainless steel exhaust headers. The design of the headers features two secondary tubes that flow into two primary tubes, which then flow into a common collector. The tube lengths are tuned to ensure that there are no exhaust pulses pushing gases back into adjacent cylinders. Engineer Adam Christian developed the headers using a CFD program, but when the design was sent out to a local prototype shop for fabrication, the parts performed poorly on the dyno. After seeing the results, Christian requisitioned some tubing, took it home and fabricated a set of headers using his own tools. These performed perfectly on the engine and were used to correlate the model. The production units are being supplied to Ford by Benteler Automotive.
While torque peaks at 4,000 rpm, it's well above 300 pound-feet throughout most of the rpm range. The redline of the 5.0 has also been moved up an extra 500 rpm compared to the prior 4.6-liter to a full 7,000 rpm, and judging by the curves we were shown, it will probably be worth using all of them. Thanks in part to the higher compression, the engine is also more efficient than the 4.6-liter V8. In spite of producing 31 percent more power and 20 percent more torque than the old 4.6, the new engine achieves four-five percent better efficiency across its operating range. As such, the 2011 Mustang GT is expected to score at least 25 mpg on the highway from the EPA.

I'll take a white one, no options, with the street scene bumper:

street-scene-equipment.jpg

:nice:

Edit: Actually, i'd end up painting it in the future, so we'll start off black.

im not big on mustangs with body kits n such but this one looks sick. also would love to have a 2011 with a 5.0 in it.

The gt is going to be expensive. Prob going to be upper 30s easily :shrug:

Base 2010 GT is 27,995
2010 Premium GT is 30,995

to price a 2011 GT...which LOOKS like a 2010...in the upper 30s is foolish, and will never happen. I imagine the NEW price for a "Base 2011 GT" in the $28995-30995 range and a "Premium 2011 GT" in the $31995-32995.

You have to remember that we aren't paying for horsepower on a Year to Year basis...only on a model to model basis within a certain year. Not sure if that makes since. Sure we are going to pay for the R&D but not enough to shift prices up by $10k in one year...The base 1998 GT was around $22k I think...it took 12 model years for the base GT to get up to the current $27,995...so annually they increase the price about $450-550 annually. To all the sudden increase that by literally 1500% would do nothing but alienate the faithful. If there was a year for Ford to really inflate the price it would have been 2005. The GT is not a super car. Ford likes to brag about the affordability of the GT500, they arent going to position the GT within $5000 of the GT500.

The sticker on my 06 was OVER 30K, however it is auto and so on with the options. It seems like all vehicles have got expensive over the last few years. I believe it will be hard to get a loaded gt without reaching the mid30 mark.

I do understand what you are talking about though :nice: