Pics of 5.0 Engine Bays PLEASE!

Thanks. Can you post some pictures of your car.It looks awesome.you do all the work yourself?

Thanks! I did all of the polishing, e-bay welding, wire hiding and suspension and I had a one of the best painters in South Texas paint the car. Engine was built in Florida by a machine shop, but I spec'd it out. Lots of time, work and $$$... Just sits in storage now because I am in Germany, but I did a majority of the work over a 3 year period. Engine and E-bay project took almost a year to complete.

Tim

stang22-albums-stang22-picture389-0606.jpg

stang22-albums-stang22-picture388-0605.jpg

stang22-albums-stang22-picture390-0607.jpg

stang22-7.jpg

06mirror.jpg

0610.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! I did all of the polishing, e-bay welding, wire hiding and suspension and I had a one of the best painters in South Texas paint the car. Engine was built in Florida by a machine shop, but I spec'd it out. Lots of time, work and $$$... Just sits in storage now because I am in Germany, but I did a majority of the work over a 3 year period. Engine and E-bay project took almost a year to complete.

Tim

View attachment 310848
QUOTE]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! that looks badass. this one is my favorite. Its going to be my motivational picture..LOL I'll be putting it as my screen saver so when I start slacking off its always there...LOLYou did a great job on your project..What kind of wheels you have?

My car is taking me over a year now just getting it ready for paint. It took me a while because of my front tilt and rear gas conversion. this is how it sits now.........
car002.jpg

car003.jpg

car004.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys! :nice:

The biggest thing is to just take your time and do it right the first time. Use your imagination as well and don't be afraid to ask questions. I would call Paul (ALMOST STOCK) a few times a day when I got into a crunch or had questions. He's a great friend also.

Oh yeah, take lots of progress pics. :D

Tim

85_SS_302_Coupe, it seems to me like you could be getting some better performance by fabricating some sort of cold air intake to that carb. Just my .02, though. I had almost forgotten what a (stockish) carbed fox looked like under the hood! Very cool!

85_SS_302_Coupe, it seems to me like you could be getting some better performance by fabricating some sort of cold air intake to that carb. Just my .02, though. I had almost forgotten what a (stockish) carbed fox looked like under the hood! Very cool!

Yeah, they're in the works. I found a company local who sells new old stock and they have brand new never used flex tubes that they came with originally for $22 each. I just have to get off my ass and get them. I already have the tubes that go down the fenders and out behind the bumper. My plan is to fab up some fiberglass scoops to fit into the wide rectangle slots on the front of my valance for a duel ram air setup.

There's a guy over on carbdford.com who says he picked up .2 in the quarter just by swapping to the stock duel snorkel setup with a K+N in it vs. just an open element K+N.

Oh, and yeah, it's "stock". :rolleyes: :rlaugh:

Tim

stang22-albums-stang22-picture389-0606.jpg

stang22-albums-stang22-picture388-0605.jpg

stang22-albums-stang22-picture390-0607.jpg

stang22-7.jpg

06mirror.jpg

0610.jpg

dayum! i love the stance on it. what suspension setup you running?

Redline what are you doing to her? Are the specs in the sig what you are doing to her now? If so what are you upgrading from?

Its what I upgraded to but I wont have any new RWHP or 1/4 mile times until I can get back to the track/dyno. Its all done now, it pulls like a F'ing raped ape!!! and its not even tuned yet. Its back in the shop right now getting the lower intake gasket re done, i was leaking oil. Should be good to go on friday sometime.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

008-3.jpg

010-2.jpg

Few Short Vids....

YouTube - 94 Cobra at idle

YouTube - 94 Cobra Mustang Second Third Gear Pull