Pics of my '01 yellow "wyldpny"

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

wyldpny; I think its total :bs: you come in here and ask for peoples opinion and then :cry: because we tell you our opinion. Dont focking ask if you dont like the responses. I realize that some have been removed but 15 GT emblems on the car was rice. I realize its down to a respectable 12 or 13 now :nonono:
Then it appears to be you that is the immature one just declairing everyone who has an opinion here as "stupid" You car is rice and you are making it worse. I bet youre the kind of guy that thinks an air filter and some resonater tips will push your car to over 300 rwhp.

And your car has been magazines and won awards?
Couldnt find the award but I found the magazine :nice:
View attachment 314033

wyldpny; I think its total :bs: you come in here and ask for peoples opinion and then :cry: because we tell you our opinion. Dont focking ask if you dont like the responses. I realize that some have been removed but 15 GT emblems on the car was rice. I realize its down to a respectable 12 or 13 now :nonono:
Then it appears to be you that is the immature one just declairing everyone who has an opinion here as "stupid" You car is rice and you are making it worse. I bet youre the kind of guy that thinks an air filter and some resonater tips will push your car to over 300 rwhp.

And your car has been magazines and won awards?
Couldnt find the award but I found the magazine :nice:

:rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:hail2:

LaserSVT comeon man, in all honesty I have lost a lot of respect for you :nonono: . Your acting like a teenager with all these remarks and pictures....and I know your alot older than that.
WLDPNY has been EXTREMELY understanding, and you know what, he has been acting very professional throughout. This really ticks me off seeing people bash a fellow mustang enthusiast because he has a different opinion on what looks good. Feels like im in highschool where kids have nothing else better to do than to make fun of other kids for anything they can dream up. Most people growup and realize thats childish. :nonono:

You have a right to make a single post and kindly state your opinion and IMO thats enough....you dont have to go off making up pictures and continually stating your opinion. Especially when its clearly not wanted by the OP.

This is just my opinion and yes im a bit ticked off right now....thus the out of character bash on a basher LOL. Dont take it too personal, im even dissapointed with saleenGT and many other members here....so I had to say something and you seem to be the ring leader. So in otherwords I dont care if you were the admin here, I would say the same thing....my comments are based off your comments not because im out to get you or anything bro.

BTW your threads picking out random mustangs to make fun of doesnt bother me.....its when your picking on an actual member here.....if the guy was a punk then I wouldnt care, be he is obviously a mustang lover and seems to be a good person.

Seriously I want to see scans of the magazines this car has been in and all the trophies this car has won.

Im not trying to be an ass but I know the quality of cars that get into magazines and win car shows whether it be for looks or for performance and I've never seen a car like that in a magazine or win a trophy.

Oh by the way my buddy that judges shows as won numerous awards a SEMA, so I think he has a pretty good idea of what looks good :)

Hotmustang331 Im sorry you feel that way. I do respect your opinion as I do others on here. Im not trying to justify here but this is the whole order of things.

1: He makes a comment (1st ive ever seen him) in a thread about a quote in my signature from another member. He does not address this to me but to StangNet saying how this whole place is imature because of a comment I thought was funny. So I explained why the statment was extra funny for me but out of curtesy I removed it as not to offend him.

2: He has a sticker thread and gets a little ribbing due to the SN195 mistake but takes it in good fun :nice: I even said I am not a fan but Stangs are supposed to be personalized by there owners and some people dont like the stripes I put on the Termi and left it at that :shrug:
3: He has another thread about Lambo doors and somebody says something funny, I laugh and he gets bent out of shape. I jokingly suggest to chiil out and shortly after find a picture with a Stang with Lambo doors and tell him whos it was and where the thread is so he can contact the guy. I also suggested to find an import site where alot of cars have thoes kinda doors as they would be better qualified to suggest the right place to get quality pieces and I know they are not Mustangs but a quality manufaturer makes them for more than one car.
He makes a nice snide insult to that and me being really good a sarcasm can pick that crap up really quick. Then calls me a liar about how many emblems it had (mind you at this point I didnt know he had 15 GT emblems) :nonono: so I explain where each are and how many :shrug: Then calls deftsound dumb for saying there was a sticker on his air filter and the 6 other GT badges that were visable. When he did just post pics of said GT airfilter sticker, and deft wasnt exagerating on the GT badges it just turns out he only saw half of them :rlaugh:
So I decided I didnt care for this guy.
4: Brings me to this thread and yep I acted a little immature cause I had enough of his crap. Yeah he knows for a fact what can win here and implys his car is it. So wheres its American trophys. Been in mags? Cool, which ones, and that are published here? I have been to many car shows and competed and can say in an import car contest he could prolly pull down something like best interior because it is import taste. Go to a Mustang show or Muscle car show and that car will be made fun of by everyone there (not quite). Now where hes from the car is an import so mabey thats the reason for the way it looks :shrug:

So now the whole place is immature dumb teenagers because he doesnt agree with a FEW peoples coments twords his car. Really is this the right site for him? He likes stickers and Lambo doors and id bet neon too. Whats the percentage of people ON THIS SITE that agrees with that thoes mods look good? 2%? So yeah stuff like that and hes gonna get some flak.

I didnt even give him chit for the sport bra thread he started :rlaugh:
Who the hell put a bra on their Stang? I can see for a long x-country trip to keep the chips down, but as an enhancement of looks :rlaugh:

Im not really here to bash and I should probably not even say anything but here goes anyway. First off your are right to say that people can do whatever they want to their cars and what not and that there are A LOT of mainstream/popular opinions on this site in particular on what most mustangs should look like.

MANY of the cars on here have the exact same mods because people on here think that they are the appropriate mods for these cars. An example would be a Mach 1 chin spoiler, Fr500 wheels, and lowering springs. I think its safe to say at least 80% of the cars in the 4.6 section of this site have or have had mainstream mods like these or others.

But there is a reason for that. Believe it or not there is an "unwritten ideal" for how lots of things should look. Mustangs included. Take for example dog shows. When you bring a pure bred dog such as a lab to a high prestiege dog show such as the Wesminister show the judges alll share the same common IDEAL of how specific dogs should look. If the dog has a pink nose instead of a black nose, spots on the chest etc are viewed as flaws. Just as having "spots" (stickers from manufacturers etc.) all over a mustang are also flaws. If you wanted lambo doors then you should have saved up for a lambo.

Now before you fire back Im going to tell you that I respect everyones opinions and understand the different view points people may have on things such as cars. Its your money do what you want to your car. Theres a reason why Ford didnt put 50 million GT or Cobra emblems all over these cars because TRUE Entusiasists can tell right off the bat that it is a GT Cobra or V6 just by looking at the body lines and such.

Plus I always figured that the pony on the grill along with the ones on my seats and steering wheel matched with the big word MUSTANG on my rear bumper and the 3 different GT/Ford embelems that came with my car from the factory pretty much establish the fact that the car is a Ford Mustang GT.

Everyone, cut the BS, seriously. It's his car and he can choose to do with it as he pleases. It may not be your taste, but that doesn't give anyone a single reason to bash him, or his car because you don't agree with his choice of mods. Further flaming, bashing, or otherwise insulting posts will result in infractions being issued. I stumbled onto this one late, so I'll let the previous ones stand for now, but this is the one warning you're going to receive. If you find yourself simply unable to get along with someone, don't even respond to them. Put them on your ignore list and be done with it. Please, also take a moment to review the StangNet Terms of Service, paying particular attention to this statement:

MRaburn - StangNet Terms of Service said:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

im even dissapointed with saleenGT and many other members here....so I had to say something and you seem to be the ring leader.

why do i feel like i've been scolded:shrug:
i toned down what i REALLY wanted to say about the car. i do not care for riced out mustangs at all but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. the ricey ones make the nicer ones stand out that much more. i think this guys is wanting us to continue all our comments b/c he keeps posting, not just in this thread but others as well, and bringing up the ricer subject. anyways i'm done picking on his car.

continue your discussions:D

why do i feel like i've been scolded:shrug:
i toned down what i REALLY wanted to say about the car. i do not care for riced out mustangs at all but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. the ricey ones make the nicer ones stand out that much more. i think this guys is wanting us to continue all our comments b/c he keeps posting, not just in this thread but others as well, and bringing up the ricer subject. anyways i'm done picking on his car.

continue your discussions:D

SaleenGT2001, you had next to no negitive input in this thread but only fed the fire a bit in the last...your name was the first to come to mind in the list who stepped out of line a bit (IMO) and thats the only reason I mentioned you. Your far from the top of the list...so no need to feel scolded. Im sorry it sounded that way.

Hotmustang331 Im sorry you feel that way. I do respect your opinion as I do others on here. Im not trying to justify here but this is the whole order of things.

1: He makes a comment (1st ive ever seen him) in a thread about a quote in my signature from another member. He does not address this to me but to StangNet saying how this whole place is imature because of a comment I thought was funny. So I explained why the statment was extra funny for me but out of curtesy I removed it as not to offend him.

2: He has a sticker thread and gets a little ribbing due to the SN195 mistake but takes it in good fun :nice: I even said I am not a fan but Stangs are supposed to be personalized by there owners and some people dont like the stripes I put on the Termi and left it at that :shrug:
3: He has another thread about Lambo doors and somebody says something funny, I laugh and he gets bent out of shape. I jokingly suggest to chiil out and shortly after find a picture with a Stang with Lambo doors and tell him whos it was and where the thread is so he can contact the guy. I also suggested to find an import site where alot of cars have thoes kinda doors as they would be better qualified to suggest the right place to get quality pieces and I know they are not Mustangs but a quality manufaturer makes them for more than one car.
He makes a nice snide insult to that and me being really good a sarcasm can pick that crap up really quick. Then calls me a liar about how many emblems it had (mind you at this point I didnt know he had 15 GT emblems) :nonono: so I explain where each are and how many :shrug: Then calls deftsound dumb for saying there was a sticker on his air filter and the 6 other GT badges that were visable. When he did just post pics of said GT airfilter sticker, and deft wasnt exagerating on the GT badges it just turns out he only saw half of them :rlaugh:
So I decided I didnt care for this guy.
4: Brings me to this thread and yep I acted a little immature cause I had enough of his crap. Yeah he knows for a fact what can win here and implys his car is it. So wheres its American trophys. Been in mags? Cool, which ones, and that are published here? I have been to many car shows and competed and can say in an import car contest he could prolly pull down something like best interior because it is import taste. Go to a Mustang show or Muscle car show and that car will be made fun of by everyone there (not quite). Now where hes from the car is an import so mabey thats the reason for the way it looks :shrug:

So now the whole place is immature dumb teenagers because he doesnt agree with a FEW peoples coments twords his car. Really is this the right site for him? He likes stickers and Lambo doors and id bet neon too. Whats the percentage of people ON THIS SITE that agrees with that thoes mods look good? 2%? So yeah stuff like that and hes gonna get some flak.

I didnt even give him chit for the sport bra thread he started :rlaugh:
Who the hell put a bra on their Stang? I can see for a long x-country trip to keep the chips down, but as an enhancement of looks :rlaugh:

I understand where your coming from, and I know how easy it is to jump in and make fun of people (ofcourse we all have). Especially when it comes to mustangs, I know your a diehard mustang guy and you see certain modifications as abominations....so its easy to bash.

I just wanted to take this thread to a serious note, because I think your forgetting that there is a person at the end of another screen with feelings and his own opinions about whats an abomination and whats not. I think we are trying to force our opinions on others and it shouldnt be that way. Like I said, state your opinion and leave it at that.

All the pictures you were making is what made cross the line and respond.....really ticked me off seeing things like this being posted to hurt someone else. You were getting off track with passivly trying to state your opinion and going towards posting pics and awards that you KNOW are going to do nothing but make him mad and have ZERO positive impact.

Now im not trying to be "holier than thou" or anything....just trying to bring this thread back on track. He doesnt desirve to have his thread closed because people think he has too many stickers.

I do respect the fact that you took my post and didnt get angry....I think you knew where i was coming from. So if you help bring this thread back on track by not fueling a totally unnecessary fire....you will have my respect :D I just said that so you knew I wasnt playing around here...I know your a good guy, just getting carried away :nice:

First of all I want to say that I do appreciate those who have posted on here showing that not everyone on this forum feels that bashing and insulting in any form is ok. I would also like to thank those who PM'd me their support as well.
I realize that a small but vocal few got a little carried away and obviously I then fed off some of that myself and got a little carried away also. Hopefully we can all take something from this and turn into a positive learning experience.

Now, I can take a lot of ribbing as many have already noticed. I may come off sometimes a bit sarcastic when being insulted and bashed, as sadly I am human after all with emotions that at times do get the better of me allowing some to get under my skin. Usually though it is only after some keep beating a dead horse (sorry for the pun) and can't seem to let something go.
I will be honest that I do take exception to my stang being called rice. It is clearly not and anyone who thinks it falls anywhere near the category of rice simply has no clue where that term came from or what the term rice truly stands for.
Also, some of you obviously need to look up the whole history of car modifying and tuning. Not to get into a long winded history lesson here but car modding or "tuning" has been around in one form or another since my grandfather was a teenager. The young adults these days are merely using the current cars that are available to them today to do some of the same types of things our parents did with cars of their time when they were young and started messing around with and modding cars. Yes many of the things we see people do these days now with some of the cars like the sport compact generation may make us shake our heads and wonder, what were they thinking. But most of them are still car enthusiast in some manner and over time as they learn and experience more and more as well as see what others are doing they will take their enthusiasm and passion and start to move in other directions. Many of these young kids may also become your future mechanic, or your future police officer, etc.
In your own passion and caring for cars and in this case, Mustangs, remember that it's not always what you say but how you say it. You could easily hurt someone with an off handed comment about their car without realizing that they might at some point have joined this forum and noticed many of the classy cars that the members have here and start to change their mindset of what they like and want in a car. Maybe try holding your hand out in friendship first before simply assuming they must all be snobby ricers and so not deserving of the benefit of the doubt or have a a chance to learn and grow.
We already have a lot of negative in the automotive industry and as auto enthusiasts coming from many directions, like from regulators who want to squash the high HP cars we enjoy having now and would like to see in the future to even our own local government trying to tell us what we can do with our cars and how many we can have.
We have states that want to regulate what parts we can add to our cars and how we can modify our cars with certain engines, exhaust, etc and it is only getting worse. These are among just a small number of sad situations that are building in our sport and so we certainly don't need to make it any worse by silly fighting among ourselves over what truly is some stupid things.
This site is for Mustang enthusiasts. I would hope that it goes without saying that it is for ALL enthusiasts. Well, I am a Mustang enthusiast and have been one for many many years. I love all models, all styles and enjoy seeing even some of the more wild styled ones even for me. I usually will see something of interest though no matter how strange or wild. Of course I also love all cars and I can appreciate what a lot of people have done to their cars being it mild or wild even though some or a lot of what they do is not for me and not something I may find appealing personally. I like the fact that we have the younger generation that are out there enjoying modding their rides. We need all the car enthusiasts we can get now and in the future, especially when some of these morons at the local, state and federal level think that muscle cars and big engines are bad and want to try and make us and our cars go away.

As for forums like this one, hopefully we can all share some of what we have done in the past and what we are doing now on our cars and continue to do so well into the future. We can all take away from that sharing some knowledge and appreciation that will only make us and this forum an even better place to be :)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.