Pics of my car in dragracing trim

Gael

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Tucson, AZ
All at http://www.starshadow.com/~gael/pics/mustangii/5-22-04/

DSC00642.JPG

DSC00645.JPG

I really really like how they look. I'm probably going to go with a just slightly taller front tire, but not much.

• Sponsors (?)

i am about to order a set of those welds just like that set up.

Could you tell me what size the rims front and back are so i know what to order and what size are those tires? did you have to do anything to get them on or just bolt them up? Are they the 20mm backspace or no?

Looks real good i was wondering what they would look like i have the same scoop also.

:nice:

Wheels/tires:

Rears are 15x8 4.5" BS, with 28x9x15 Hoosier slicks.. I recommend going with 26 inch tall slicks, 28 required a lot of work.

Front wheels are odd, I measured them, then looked at Summit's website, and I can't find the matching set.

I believe they are 15x4 with a 1 1/2" backspacing.. the tires are from Pepboys, 165R15.

You'll need longer wheel studs for both the front and back.

The hood scoop is a fiberglass boss 429 scoop, we cut out a big area in the hood after finding where we wanted it, opened up as much as we thought was safe, and then fiberglassed/bondoed it.

Joey, your car is badass, the tunnel on that thing just looks plain mean. :D

Aw, thanks, big guy. I did some pinstriping this weekend and de-rattled a couple of things and was feeling pretty proud of myself -- until I got home and saw your ride. Damn.

I've got her out of the stable again this week. Looks like it's finally going to be sunny for more than a day at a time.

As far as the tunnel ram and the Hilborn, I think I overdid the intimidation a bit. Nobody -- NOBODY -- will race me, not even at a freeway onramp. The POWERED BY HONDA crowd just grins and waves.

Probably safer this way, and of course, it's always best to rule by fear.

Gael said:
Wheels/tires:

Rears are 15x8 4.5" BS, with 28x9x15 Hoosier slicks.. I recommend going with 26 inch tall slicks, 28 required a lot of work.

Front wheels are odd, I measured them, then looked at Summit's website, and I can't find the matching set.

I believe they are 15x4 with a 1 1/2" backspacing.. the tires are from Pepboys, 165R15.

You'll need longer wheel studs for both the front and back.

The hood scoop is a fiberglass boss 429 scoop, we cut out a big area in the hood after finding where we wanted it, opened up as much as we thought was safe, and then fiberglassed/bondoed it.

Joey, your car is badass, the tunnel on that thing just looks plain mean. :D

are you using a wheel spacer at all?
and is 4.5 backspacing the same as a foxbody stack rim?

do you have a hard time getting that thing to stop?

I can't tell you how it feels with the skinnies, I haven't driven it with them on.. I also need to replace the tires, one is pretty much bald on a side.

No spacers, I believe 10hole and turbine wheels are 15x7 with a 4.875" backspacing.. I may be wrong and 1badII has it dead on, I dunno.

My brakes suck, I need to work on them.. I think it's just a bad job of bleeding them. They're fine when you pump them a bit, but after driving for a bit the pedal is soft at initial brake. I also may be overheating the fluid maybe with my headers? I dunno.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really do appreciate it. :)