Pics of my new rear wing and tails...

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
Just wanted to give a little update on my car. I bought a set of tail lights last year so I can mount a battery disconnect switch in. Well, I haven't done the disconnect switch yet, but I did paint them black with fusion paint. I also got a real saleen S-351 wing (I got it off of yeahloh95's car). What do you think? I kind of like it, but my wife just got me chrome "MUSTANG GT" letters for the bumper and it might not look right with the black tails. If this is the case, I will just install these before I go to the track and get a "push" type disconnect switch. I think I want to lose the FORD emblem now as it seems really out of place.

newrear.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys!!! If I had money to blow, I'd get a repro bumper without any MUSTANG GT lettering, fill in the trunk lid piece around the license plate, remove the 302 emblem and ford emblem. It'd be VERY clean then. Any else's trunk line up as bad as mine? Look at the driverside tail light and thw gap from where the top of the fender meets the trunk and how off they are from one another. Its always been this way...

That wing looks good but I dont have it on my car yet, It wont be going on until this spring when I get the car out of storage. It Is a nice looking wing, I think I'll be pretty happy w/ it

looks good i'm glad you put some pics up of the wing and tails we need to put that battery in there it won't take long , i might try and take off my stock trunk today if i can get into the garage dang snow :bang: i want that new trunk of mine on yesterday ! i have to wire up the light and trunk release first .

what ever happened to the guy with the yellow car with the wing molded into the trunk lid an that custom led light, i dont remember seeing pics posted with it on and i really wanted to, i think it might have been yeahloh95 but im not positive and could be wrong

cb18201 said:
what ever happened to the guy with the yellow car with the wing molded into the trunk lid an that custom led light, i dont remember seeing pics posted with it on and i really wanted to, i think it might have been yeahloh95 but im not positive and could be wrong
Yes it wsa yeahloh95... I havent seen any pictures of his new trunk lid on his car yet either.

your trunk lid probably sits high because the latch isnt adjusted correctly.

Pop the trunk.. look at the latch, loosen up those 3- 8mm bolts and slide the latch down just a hair. that should fix it, if not just go back and slide it up or down accordingly.