Pics of my new ride

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
Most of you guys don't know back in Bosnia / Europe i was semi truck driver 4 years and when i came here in USA i wanted to do same but i was always sayin i will get my CDL licence nexy month , next month and that next month was 5.5 years lol
Back in December 06 i decide i had enough of my old job so i give them 2 weeks notice and quit , 01-01-07 i went in Springfield MO (drove my daily beater 200k miles Bimmer 850 miles down there , yes it make and its still alive lol)
Since this company Prime Inc have CDL program i took some classes got my CDL , drove 60k miles with team for 2 months (it usually takes average guy 4-6 months i did it in 2 months)
Come back at company in Springfield MO took some Ace 1 classes pass some skid pad tests and i got my own truck from company
I'm pullin refer 53' trailer coast t coast
Money is good and i doing my favorite job , plus i can see whole USA

Here is pics of my new ride

07 Freightliner Century Class S/T brand spankin new zero miles
550HP/1850TQ 14.7 Detroit 60 Diesel (puts out 460HP/1610TQ on 8 rear tires seen on dyno at company)
Full boost at 1200rpms 35psi
10 Speed Eaton Fuller tranny
3.58 gers
72" roof condo sleeper berth
Air ride suspension
Tri Pak APU generator
And much more (it will take forever to pot all stuff)

View attachment 387893
View attachment 387894
View attachment 387895
View attachment 387896
View attachment 387897
View attachment 387898
View attachment 387899

• Sponsors (?)

Nice Ernie:nice: The open road is always fun for me. I should've been a truck driver.

Can't wait to see the compilation video of this setup:rlaugh:

Sneak that rig down to the track:D
Just once:D

On wet roads without trailer it lose traction in 8th gear lol
Its pulls hard very hard , it does have crazy TQ down low at 1300rpms (i don't go over 1700rpms because of MPG which is anywhere from 4.5-6.5 MPG)

Thats a sweet-looking ride!
While we're on the subject of big-rigs...

There's an annual big-rig truck show about 6 hours north of me, and they have a show 'n shine, drag racing (1/8th-mile uphill pulling a 20,000lb trailer :eek: ) and burnout competitions. Its the most impressive thing I've ever seen, watching the whole cabs twist like pretzels from all the torque when they give 'er at the drag race and the incredible ammounts of black smoke :rolleyes:

A few pics from the 2005 show:
View attachment 387882
View attachment 387883
View attachment 387884
View attachment 387885
Take THAT, rainforest!

This one was specially built for burnouts and drag racing and had a huge twin turbo diesel capable of 7000rpm. I have no idea how thats physically possible but the sound was un-freeking believable, like it was about to blow-up any second. I'll need to find a good video camera with sound for this year's show :rolleyes:
View attachment 387886

Truckers make good pay congrats, there is a group of bosnian truckers here in the STL. LOTS of companies and the need is growing.

An old friend I bump into now and again is a driver and makes good money, as well as a buddies father-in-law after he got laid off from TWA.

I was seriously looking into doing it until I got my promotion at work last month.

My little half brother has his CDL and drives for a parts company down in the springfield area.

Congrats on doing what you want to and seem to love doing:cheers:

Congrats Ernan!

You drove about 1K miles a day? :eek: Those seats must be real comfy!

Way back when, there was a James Bond movie where there was a tractor chase scene and they were doing wheelies and stuff. I can see Ernan trying that stuff himself. :D

Sweet ride man. I have my class A CDL and love to drive rigs. I worked for a few local companies before I scored my current job. Gotta love people faces after they cut you off and you almost plow them.

Is this what were gonna have to look forward to in a year.....:rlaugh: Video

Fist of all thank you guys

Holy crap that things got torque!!! A friend told me about the price of new semis and I was shocked. That's a lot of coin you got there. :)

Congrats!

Yeah you can fell twisting frame every time you get rolling from stop
This truck cost about $120.000 (trailer cost around $40.000 and loads anywhere from $300.000 to $50 millions) i have to watch out for The Fast and The Furious kids lol

"550HP/1850TQ"........:jaw:

I would like to see it's 60 foot times! Maybe a doughnut, or two? Burnout vid? :rlaugh:

If i can speed shift it will go a lot faster but you have to wait for 400rpms drop , there is way to do it with jake breake but i have to get use to it

Thats a sweet-looking ride!
While we're on the subject of big-rigs...

There's an annual big-rig truck show about 6 hours north of me, and they have a show 'n shine, drag racing (1/8th-mile uphill pulling a 20,000lb trailer :eek: ) and burnout competitions. Its the most impressive thing I've ever seen, watching the whole cabs twist like pretzels from all the torque when they give 'er at the drag race and the incredible ammounts of black smoke :rolleyes:

If you geared right you can pull anything

whats the first mod gonna be?

Well it was CD radio Cobra 29 NW LTD

Truckers make good pay congrats, there is a group of bosnian truckers here in the STL. LOTS of companies and the need is growing.

An old friend I bump into now and again is a driver and makes good money, as well as a buddies father-in-law after he got laid off from TWA.

I was seriously looking into doing it until I got my promotion at work last month.

My little half brother has his CDL and drives for a parts company down in the springfield area.

Congrats on doing what you want to and seem to love doing:cheers:

Yeah there is a lot of bosnians in STL , about 200.000 which is most Bosninas in one city

Congrats Ernan!

Way back when, there was a James Bond movie where there was a tractor chase scene and they were doing wheelies and stuff. I can see Ernan trying that stuff himself. :D

Pssst someone gona see this post :rolleyes:
By DOT rules you can drive 11 hrs in 24hrs so what ever is speed limit + 6mph (i drive 6mph and watch for cops) so somewhere between 700-750 miles a day and yes seats are leather and real comfy

Nice :nice: that thing gotta Hemi? j/k

Nah its Mercedes-Benz powered

Sweet ride man. I have my class A CDL and love to drive rigs. I worked for a few local companies before I scored my current job. Gotta love people faces after they cut you off and you almost plow them.

Is this what were gonna have to look forward to in a year.....:rlaugh: Video

Lol

Congrats Ernan!

License to Kill with Timothy Dalton as James Bond. From 1989, the 16th Bond film...the least profitable 007 film ever. me likes the 007 :D

I was thinking about the Dyno thing.. That must be a Mustang Dyno so they can load it to diagnose it under power????

Also what kind of maintence do these things require.. Like how far between oil changes etc...

Sweet rig. If I didn't get into the electronics field I had thought about getting a CDL. But now that I think back on it I don't think I could make it. Too much road rage.

I have worked on the electronics for that Tri Pac unit. The Company I work for also develops and manufactures some of the electronic controllers for the ThermoKing refers. Good stuff.