PICS of the 3 '05's at my Ford Dealer

• Sponsors (?)

PittPerson said:
I never noticed how the headlights are protected by that piece of clear plastic. I'm not a big fan of that, I'd like to see it open with lights similar to the fogs.

Im not a big fan of that either, because on my current 2001 V6 Mustang that clear plastic is now nearly opaque and yellow. I tried useing a plastic polish but that didn't do anything at all.

I hope the new headlamp cover is better, otherwise within 2-3 years these will be the same.

Atleast Ford could do is make it easier to replace.

PittPerson said:
I never noticed how the headlights are protected by that piece of clear plastic. I'm not a big fan of that, I'd like to see it open with lights similar to the fogs.

I never noticed it before either, and I too don't like it.

Since I never noticed it before, I have to ask, is the flat plastic cover over the headlights just for protection during shipment, or is it part of the actual design???

GT-03 said:
I never noticed it before either, and I too don't like it.

Since I never noticed it before, I have to ask, is the flat plastic cover over the headlights just for protection during shipment, or is it part of the actual design???

Part of the Design, its on every picture of a 2005 Mustang released so far.

PittPerson said:
Not sure on this, but I think the plastic is to help reduce wind resistance and lower drag and thus increase the aerodynamics. This in turn helps make the car a great performer on the track :nice:. I think I will tolerate the plastic covers for the performance numbers I am seeing so far.

Stang8URMPRT said:
Got some trolls on this thread. I would think you would come to this part of the forum if you LIKED the new Mustang

I dont want to be labeled a "troll." I love the new mustang :nice:. I was simply stating that I had never noticed the clear headlight cover. Something that minor would not/will not deter me from purchasing an 05. I've been drooling over this baby just as much as anyone else. In fact, I'll be stopping by McCrackin Ford (Wexford, PA) since, according to forddirect, they have 4 05's on the lot.

PittPerson said:
I dont want to be labeled a "troll." I love the new mustang :nice:. I was simply stating that I had never noticed the clear headlight cover. Something that minor would not/will not deter me from purchasing an 05. I've been drooling over this baby just as much as anyone else. In fact, I'll be stopping by McCrackin Ford (Wexford, PA) since, according to forddirect, they have 4 05's on the lot.

I'd call in advance if i were you, i've called about 10 dealerships in the area that forddirect said had the 05's....

They all said that wasnt true :notnice:

Stang8URMPRT said:
Ok, you're not a troll. :) lol You all just have to see these in person.. I was undesided before I saw them in person, now I LOVE them!

I love the 2005 Mustang, Otherwise I wouldn't have ordered one. I just hope the plastic headlamp covers doesn't do what my old ones did. Turn yellow.

I have 2001 V6, the headlamp covers turned yellow after about 2 years. My buddy has a 2000 with nearly the same miles and his are clear. Neither of us didn anything to our headlamps to prevent or cause this.

The only thing we can do is wait and see.