Pics of the new Stang Lava Red

LAVAgt2012

Aug 11, 2011
Panama City, FL
8171-brembo-package-gt-appearance-package-5-only-way-go.jpg

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/members/lavagt2012/albums/2012-lava-red-gt/8173-gotta-love-lava-lava.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/members/lavagt2012/albums/2012-lava-red-gt/8174-5oh-if-you-look-bottom-left-you-can-see-red-coming-through-black-actual-color.jpg[IMG]

Well here's go nothing, if it turned out right the car appears black. I've including the picture of the engine mainly because of one reason, if you look to the bottom left corner you can actually see the red coming through the paint on that picture. Traveled 400 miles to pick this car up, well worth it, and i learned an important lesson in life that day. Never travel using grey hound, especially if from Panama city, Fl. Them busses are nasty

• Sponsors (?)

i do see the red in there, i was gonna edit my post to tell you the second 2 pics didnt load but figured you were probably working on it already. side louvers make these models look so mean. i learned how to drive stick on my dads original clutch 86 mercury capri 5.0 so its nice to see a new car worthy to wear the badge again.

Yeah this is my first time posting pic's so i got to learn how to do multi in one thread. To be honest the return of the badge is one of the few reasons i went with the mustang. I was pulling my hair out deciding between this car and a 2010 SRT8. In the end it was a better choice but they're both real nice cars. My buddy used to have a 79 capri that could pull willy's, think he like a 350 modified 400 or something long time ago

nice I have a Lava as well but a vert. without all the options yours has. they had to travel 3 hours for mine as well.

It is really hard to get the shots of the color correctly. Where there is less clear coat under hood etc you can really see the true color.

I was going to buy a camaro vert, but the dealer were asses and so I went to the ford dealer and saw the 5.0 badge as well and was sold. 25 cars and never had a ford!!

must be my monitor, the only red I see is on the battery. :shrug:

maybe teh local dealer will get one.

edit, did a google and came up with some pics, if I were going to buy a new one it might be lava red, already too many Kona's running around town.

nice I have a Lava as well but a vert. without all the options yours has. they had to travel 3 hours for mine as well.

It is really hard to get the shots of the color correctly. Where there is less clear coat under hood etc you can really see the true color.

I was going to buy a camaro vert, but the dealer were asses and so I went to the ford dealer and saw the 5.0 badge as well and was sold. 25 cars and never had a ford!!

Options are the make or break on this car, but not all of require the same thing when we purchase a car that's why they're options. Myself the only one that was a real requirement was the premium, just because I perfer leather over clother. Even though the cloth seats are actually pretty nice this year. I don't know if you have cloth or leather, but hell black cloth would still look sharp on a lava stang. We have a 04 40th anniversary conv so there was no need for another one even though the wife was pushing for a new one so i had to constantly remind her this car was for me not her:Zip2: So after I got my point across, that i didn't want anything put a couple she came around, then started complaining about the manual because she can't drive :nice: The way it's suppose to be.... So yeah I actually got intrigued by the new conv in the camaro because the coupe is way over played out here in FL, everyone has one! My biggest problem was choosing between the stang and the challenger srt8. I couldn't get past the 12 mpg, that just makes my 16 seem great

It was not intended to be limited production but the tsunami in Japan took out a factory that made a pigment for the lava red and some other metallic paints. Ford had to quit offering it because they were no longer able to produce it. Once they get the factory up and running again I am sure they will offer the color again. At least mine is rare for now.

Is anyone able to acces the link I posted for flickr?