Pics of the purple wheels.

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Well as alot of you know, I was going to get the Black 03 Cobra wheels. But I thought about it hard, and instead of spending 300 bucks, I just went ahead and painted mine. Its gonna be black so any flaws will be hidden, and it basically has the same shape as the cobra's. I cleaned them up real nice, pretty much to new, primed them, and sprayed away. The lighting makes this wheel look alittle bad, hopfully itll look good in the sunlight. Ill have the other 3 finished tomorrow and have pics here then. Thanks for looking.

1003789uu4.jpg

1003787ll7.jpg

1003805vj3.jpg

Attachments

• 1003789uu4.jpg
    1003789uu4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 66
  • 1003787ll7.jpg
    1003787ll7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1003805vj3.jpg
    1003805vj3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

I used duplicolor wheel paint. I did clear them but they came out white, so i painted black over it. im gonna mess around with some metal tomorrow and see if i can get a technique down and maybe spray them again. And im not going chrome lip, all black will be discrete and mean, just what im going for.

Are you going for a flat black look or a shiney polished gloss black look?

I think the flat black will make them blend in with tires too much.

If you can make them shine then it will look good.

looks like ricer wheels, shoulda left em silver IMO but to each their own, gloss black with or without a polished lip would look pretty good too, although i'm kind of partial to the satin black..(insert drooling face here)

~Mark~

looks like ricer wheels, shoulda left em silver IMO but to each their own
Flat black 5 spokes are just about as far from ricer as you can get. I think they'd look better gloss, but it will look bad ass either way. My buddy painted the wheels on his civic with Rustoleum black, and cleacoat and it came out awesome. Might wanna try a couple different kinds of paint and primer till you get something that works well together. Oh, and nice tires.

Thanks guys, I got some stuff to do today, and ill be back in about 30 minutes to finish up the wheels. By the middle of the day they should be done. We'll see how they turn out, and we can form opinions then. Thanks.

oh thats not tooo bad. well once i figure out how to do the lip im in business lol

Start with some 600 or 800 grit, sand the lip smooth, move to 1000, 1500, 2000 then put some polish on there and ur good to go. Some other guys can probably give u a better explanation tho, ive never actually polished anything thats just my general feeling on how I'd do it. haha

personally i think you should polish the lip but thats my opinion (i may be biased), if you like it then thats cool and who cares what i think. i used the same paint to do my rims and its surprising how good they turn out with a rattle can