Pics of the "Rustoleum Rocket", roll on paint finished!

Flavadave4

Nov 28, 2003
Utica, NY
This was intended to be a temporary paint job and thats what it is. Had we removed all trim/handles I could see this coming out even nicer. We are pretty happy with the results.

Progress thread-
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/823570-my-attempt-50-rustoleum-roll-paint-job.html

We got a little over zelous with the 3M Window weld, that stuff was oozing out of the sides of the trim all over, have to mess with it later!

4e6158bb.jpg

d369caa9.jpg

a2ed91ed.jpg

210c84c6.jpg

6500c2ca.jpg

80a139de.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You say temporary, but I would rock that thing until the paint started falling off. That looks great and I would be completely satisfied with it. Leave the $7000 paint jobs to the trailer queens. :nice:

You say temporary, but I would rock that thing until the paint started falling off. That looks great and I would be completely satisfied with it. Leave the $7000 paint jobs to the trailer queens. :nice:

Haha, thanks! If you nit pick it in person there are flaws, but for what it is and what it cost it was more than worth it. I love the color we ended up with.

how do the molding look up close? how did you get the ones off the doors without ruining them?

A majority of the mouldings were left on, I just taped them off and painted them with semi-flat black. The one's on the doors are a pain in the butt, we left the passengers side on the car and the drivers side was off when I bought the car.