Pics of Thunderstang and my new 2.3T project

evintho

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Nov 12, 2003
Santa Rosa, CA.
Well, it's been a long time comin'! Thunderstang is on the road however, I'm having issues with the California smog nazis. Failed the first BAR referree inspection but all I have to do is swap the factory cam gear and FPR and it should pass.

P5230006.jpg

P5230001.jpg

P5230005.jpg

P6070003.jpg

P5230003.jpg

P5230004.jpg

P5230008.jpg

P5230009.jpg

Here's the next project. '27 Model T roadster. I'm still collecting parts right now. Picked up a Model A frame, '38 Ford pickup front suspension and an 8" Maverick rearend. Drivetrain will be a 2.3T w/5-spd. Yeah, it's alot of work but I've done it before. The build will probably start around Sept.

PB200026.jpg

PA240008.jpg

P5020094.jpg

P5020101.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks GREAT!!! :nice: I have been stalking your cardomain page for a while, following your build.. I copied you on the roof patch for sound deadening (great idea). keep up the good work, I dont think I would have any problems getting it legal here in NC if you wanted to sell it :D ....

Dan

Very nice! How do you like the bobs log?

Thanks! Bob's log works quite well. Very efficient!

Now how come you don't have a cone filter on that turbo inlet??

Illegal in California. But you can be sure, as soon as I get past the BAR ref a CAI will be installed!

Looks GREAT!!! :nice: I have been stalking your cardomain page for a while, following your build.. I copied you on the roof patch for sound deadening (great idea). keep up the good work, I dont think I would have any problems getting it legal here in NC if you wanted to sell it :D ....

Dan

Well........that may happen. Not completely sure what the plans for Thunderstang are yet, but as of now I'm pondering, driving and enjoying it through the summer then pulling the motor and dropping it into the roadster. At that point I'll either sell the complete Mustang roller or install another 2.3T. If I can find another one locally, I may do that or pull the one out of my '86 TC and part out the TC. Everything's kinda up in the air right now. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!:shrug:

Well........that may happen. Not completely sure what the plans for Thunderstang are yet, but as of now I'm pondering, driving and enjoying it through the summer then pulling the motor and dropping it into the roadster. At that point I'll either sell the complete Mustang roller or install another 2.3T. If I can find another one locally, I may do that or pull the one out of my '86 TC and part out the TC. Everything's kinda up in the air right now. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!:shrug:

Well, let me know. That would make a awesome road trip. It would be awesome to buy it as is.... I really like what you have done with the motor.

Dan

UPDATE 6/14/10

It's official, I'm legal!!
Swapped cam gear and AFPR, went back to the BAR ref and he certified Thunderstang! Then drove to my local smog station and it passed the dyno and sniffer test with flying colors! Next, off to AAA, removed it from the non-op and renewed my registration. First thing I did was run home grab the wife and we took a ride to the lake with the top down!

P6140001-1.jpg

P6140003.jpg

Clean as a whistle!

P6140001_02.jpg