Piece of sh_t mustangs.

• Sponsors (?)

96BlueStangGT said:
Do you people who think hondas are better beat the piss out of them though?

I bet i could mess one up.

Ford's have been pretty reliable for me and that's why i will keep buying them.

yes i had a 93 civic and you could beat that thing anytime you wanted. Ive had to put in many trannys though but you can get them for like $50 at a junk yard and they take about an hour to put in once youve done a couple.

me and all of my friends always drove hondas as winter cars cause they were cheap as hell to fix easy to work on...and the engines go forever

before my friend swapped his engine to a b16a he had 275k and the only thing wrong with it was that it smoked.

add up all the honda engines over 200k and all the ford engines over 200k and see how many there are.

they are not built for power just reliability and mpg's I will always have a 4 banger for a DD because you cant beat 35mpg.

Hmmm...beat the hell out of my Stang and I now have 170K miles on it. Shift fork broke because of the way I drive it. I've changed the intake at 125K and just recently cracked the radiator (my fault after I blew a coolent hose) and the rad fan. My Expedition has almost 200K miles and not significant issues other than general maintinence. Seeing how the most Mustangs are not driven the way Expeditions are (or Hondas) you can see the difference in repair costs. You are comparing two totally different categories of cars.

i had an 88 gt, 2000 gt, lastly an 03 cobra for mustangs. problems with all of them, minus 2000 gt cause i only owned it 2 months.

i now drive an 06 kia spectra, and its a better car then all of them imo. doesnt go as fast or get the attention, but i dont really care for a dd. awesome gas mileage, cheap insurance, and if it blows up i have twice the warranty ford offers at no cost.

dont think i will own another ford, unless its a mustang. ill also have to be in the financial situation to pay cash for it or spit on the monthly payment cause it will sit 99% of the time.

yea.. im kinda sick of fords. gotta give props for my moms ranger though. almost 300k miles and its going somehow.

My 04 was a piece of ****....but I won't say all Fords are that way. I haven't had much luck with them, usually something significant breaks and needs replacement aroud 75k miles or less....tranny...engine...something like that. My Hyundai seems pretty solid...but since I sold the stang, I drive it like I drove the stang, and I don't think she's gonna handle it very well. :D

Threads like this make me wonder if I want to buy another late-model stang for 15k dollars or just pay 4-5k for a fox body.

just get a fox body. at least you know your stepping into a rattling pos usually, so it doesnt come as a suprise.

i liked mine when i could just rarely drive it and let it sit the rest of the time. oh and leak oil all over, it was the **** at doing that.

Fords are unreliable. Most American cars are, has alot to do with pressure from foreign car companies selling more competitive cars so US peoples have to make ****tier product to keep the profits up.

Fords, however, are VERY inexpensive to fix! Go look at some of the repair costs for BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc... Now THOSE cars you gotta pay to play.

Dope 97GT said:
yes i had a 93 civic and you could beat that thing anytime you wanted. Ive had to put in many trannys though but you can get them for like $50 at a junk yard and they take about an hour to put in once youve done a couple.

See what i'm saying, you still had to work on it because you beat on it. The others who posted about hondas acted like you could drive them forever with no problems. I bet Mustangs would have less repairs than Hondas if driven the same way. In reality though, they aren't driven the same way, which is why some of you say hondas are more reliable.

I'm sticking with Ford.

BennyBlown2v said:
Go look at some of the repair costs for BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc... Now THOSE cars you gotta pay to play.

No joke...I was given a Porsche 944 for free....and gave it back after a few months because it was too damn expensive to fix, let alone mod. But on the other hand, it was well taken care of and was 17 years old with 175k miles...and only had some minor problems like a power steering fluid leak and some broken interior pieces.....but to pay $200 for a outside door handle, no thanks. And finding parts at junk yard for such cars are impossible and still not cheap when you do. A used door handle was $125. Porsche FTW!

YardSpecial said:
Your right, PAINT should peel off at 100K miles.

Ford paint is one of the worst out there.

of course its going to peel off if you dont take care of it, i try to wax my paint atleast 4 times a year and thats minimal to keep it from drying out and peeling, ive never had a ford paint issue and ive owned nothing but fords including a 94 ford explorer with 130k miles on it the paint was still in great condition and it ran great the only problem i ever had was the tranny being rebuilt after 120k

you know what ive heard different opinions about every damn brand of car, chevys suck, fords suck hondas suck blah blah

it all boils down to how well you take care of it, yea there are lemons out there and it sucks but oh well a company that spits out thousands of cars each year is bound to mess up a few

I know people who have chevys that have lasted 300k miles and i know people who have owned chevys that were complete lemons, its the same way with fords hondas, nissan, toyota, you cant judge a brand of car based on one bad experience

just a bunch of sheep. now all of you honda sheep should read the new sheep reports(read, consumer reports) ford has more recommended models than EVERY manufacturer except toyota. MORE than honda by far.

all i do is deal with cars and reconditioning and heat from selling them. honda/toyota imports in general are not at all better than fords. but what do i know, i only deal with about 150 cars personally every month

Dude whatever, Look at the 90's Ford pickup's.

The paint started peeling off our 97 GT, called poor prep work from the factory.

My 02 True blue was clouding up in spots. (20K miles)

Just saying Ford paint sucks azz, owned enough Fords to know.

YardSpecial said:
Dude whatever, Look at the 90's Ford pickup's.

The paint started peeling off our 97 GT, called poor prep work from the factory.

My 02 True blue was clouding up in spots. (20K miles)

Just saying Ford paint sucks azz, owned enough Fords to know.
i can show you just as many imports with bad paint from the 90's and they sold half as many vehicles back then

Mustangs are no more pieces of sh## than Camaros or any other American made car. They have their problems yes but for the most part if you take care of them they aren't bad. Honestly you can't really even compare them to foreign autos cause some of the foreign automakers are way ahead of American automakers. I mean your taking countries like Japan (who had DVD players 10 years before we had even heard of one) and comparing them to the U.S. Also, for the matter, what about Germany? A buddy of mine has an M3 that I believe is a 97 and it will spank the pants off most cars stock and still gets 35mpg on the highway. Fact of the matter is, Fords are good cars but yes the are way behind their foreign competetors. As for them being behind any of the american competetors ....well that is something I seriously don't believe. Still foreign and U.S. dont' really hold a place for comparison. IMO.