Pile of mods + My Car Story!

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Alright well i had my mustang for about a month now... so i made a cardomain with the basic crazy ass impluse buy story that made this sn95 vert mine.

Also there is a load of pictures of mods that i bought with prices... im trying to keep track of everything. lol

I guess ill put on the mods next week or something... still trying to find a decent cheap gear and an intake manifold elbow...

Check it out... leave some love
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2482576/1

-Adam

• Sponsors (?)

The Explorer SportTracs came with 4.10 gears. You could possibly score some from a JY truck. A more common gear would be a set of 3.73's from a regular explorer. Easy to get out (less than an hour) and the tag on the upper right hand side of the cover indicates the gear ratio.

I can buy gears from a local JY for $25. I got mine on a "1/2 price day" and got a killer deal. If you'd like, I can keep my eyes open for a set for you.

For the weight of your Vert, you should hold out for the 4.10's.

performance>looks to me... ill get them eventually but gears n headers and what not are more important oh and the paint only looks that good because the owner took it once a month to get detailed... its still faded quite a bit in the rear... i pulled off the dealer decal and i could tell.... so im gonna slap a 302 emblem over it

i bought it on ebay... someone made it... it feels absoutly awesome perfect grip angle... i have pics but i dont have a fire wire/usb at school if i can ill borrow one n post the pics tonight... it does look long though... but it feels really nice

You can get the headlights on Ebay for like $60 a pair, shipped. I did. I can see at night and that's better than going a tenth quicker, to me.

Make sure you use the Ford adjusters from your lights though. The ones that come with the Ebay lights suck. I have my old lights, if you're interested. I polished them. I was saving them in case my Ebay lights crack or craze too quickly.

yea i was just going to take off my lenses and use that head light polish on them and see what happens then hitting them with a light clear coat... i can see fine actually they are not really that bad just the pass side is

Nice story dude! Really nice car too you got a great deal on it. You're making a great start too, I started out doing good but had to put a hault on everything for a while. Now that i'll have a new job starting nov. 1st I can continue my mods after a long 2 years, haha. About the headlights, stop by walmart and pickup some 3M 1500grit wetsand paper and a small bottle of 3M rubbing compound. It's only like 5 bucks. Wetsand them down pretty good and just get a rag and rub the compound on a while and they'll come up nice. Sand them again and put clear ontop if you'd like.

It'll keep them looking good and you can drop the money into some other stuff. And maybe down the road when you're done a lot of your mods you could worry about upgrading to a better pair of headlights.

Take it easy!

Yea started on the springs today... added a tiny dent to the car... lol ohhh well i did it my self and makes me feel all fuzzy inside... i think i might head down to the basement and start to sand that explorer manifold down... thinking about polishing it well atleast getting rid of that extra mount on it