New Tires, Nitto 555..CHECK
New Shifter, Hurst.. CHECK
New springs, Ford Racing Products..CHECK
New shocks, Ford Racing Products..CHECK
New Pan hard bar, BRM adjustable..CHECK
Camber plates, JM adjustable..CHECK
New Intake, C&L CAI..CHECK
New tuner, SCT, Brenspeed tune..CHECK

All sitting in my shop… 15 months of planning while deployed, looking, deciding, planning, buying. Anything missing from my list????? OH YA THE FRICKEN CAR… which is still in the body shop,, a month later..Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ok better….:D

Really I’ve had my hands full working on bikes, our truck and the toy hauler, plus my sons race schedule, but dammed if I won’t find the time to work on the GT if I can get my hands on it. Body dude says today.. Probable, doing final color sand and buff this morning. If nothing bad is found, done to it, I should be able to pick it up.

This is worse then any xmas morning as a kid.........:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome home:flag:
Looks like a great list for sure!
I had similar parts for mine I've added over the last 6 months and boy has it transformed the car:nice: Did all the work myself(bro-in-law helped with the springs as he works at a garage and had access to a lift and spring compressor). I love wrenching on my car:nice:

I have 8 months left before I LEAVE for a 15 month!! hoooah sappers lead the way!..hahahahaha any way post some pics as SOON as you get the car back man ! Glad to see you got the car squared away since what happen !

Off road when we lived in OR, now MX here in TX, as thats about all there is. Boy and I both race, Mom rides off road only.
That's my other "hobby", nice to see some moto on a Mustang board ...

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/index.php , check it out, a lot of us there from Tejas. Some "Okiewan" dude owns it. Tell him I sent ya :rolleyes:

Mods: If that's spamish feel free to delete and accept my most humble apology.

Pics Please!

The only shot I have after Deer vs Mustang before shot
View attachment 330411

it's been a month now... I stopped by the shop today.. It's 99% done. Badges get put back on tomorrow, final wash and cleaning. As long as we do not see anything then it's done.

I'll get some pics up as soon I get it back.

NOTE, they figured out my rear bumper cover issue,,,,Nothing was bent, or wrong,, except,,, the cover was hitting the gasket around the taillight. Pulled the tail light, installed the bumper cover, installed the tail lights.... Perferct fit.. :nice:

The only shot I have after Deer vs Mustang before shot
View attachment 330410

it's been a month now... I stopped by the shop today.. It's 99% done. Badges get put back on tomorrow, final wash and cleaning. As long as we do not see anything then it's done.

I'll get some pics up as soon I get it back.

NOTE, they figured out my rear bumper cover issue,,,,Nothing was bent, or wrong,, except,,, the cover was hitting the gasket around the taillight. Pulled the tail light, installed the bumper cover, installed the tail lights.... Perferct fit.. :nice:

Good luck with it, looking forward to the new pics!
And BTW, THANKS for your service. :nice:

That's my other "hobby", nice to see some moto on a Mustang board ...

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/index.php , check it out, a lot of us there from Tejas. Some "Okiewan" dude owns it. Tell him I sent ya :rolleyes:

Mods: If that's spamish feel free to delete and accept my most humble apology.

I ride and race dirt as well as sport bikes.. Too many toys, to little time.

I'm a MOD at a place called Thumpertalk, and Superhawkforum.

Back on topic....:D

The Mustang is transportation, but as long as I have to have a car, might as well have a nice one.. And to me that means MOD and build it.

Just can not leave things alone :eek:

So, the call came in late Friday.. “erik, come on down, your car is ready’ Have a friend give me a ride,,, and we go look… What a surprise,,, It’s perfect …..LOL… Looks great , drives straight,,, Clean inside and out, No swirl marks in the paint. Even body gaps and lines…. New parts where the insurance company spec’ed “reconditioned” parts.\
It was a long time, 30 days from the date of damage, 27 days in the shop.. But anal retentiveness can be a good thing
It’s been raining, cold and dark now,, But, brought it home and had to do something to it… so I installed My Hurst Shifter (no haters, take it to your own thread) Tomorrow the springs, adjustable panhard bar and camber plates go on. Alignment shop on Monday, then the new tires and wheels . After that , the C&L CAI and SCT tuner will go into action.
It’s been 15 months coming.. been home 32 days, and only drove the car about 2 hours……. Ya, I’m stoked to get going on the car.

Pictures of the upgrades will follow as soon as I get some time and weather to do them.

but the wait is almost over. :nice:

Well the wait for the work is over, but it's dark again,, So no pics today.

Had to run by the body shop today and spend an hour or so getting some little things fixed.. Door handle loose, lower rocker molding loose, chipped antenna cover. All taken care of, as well as I got to watch the supervisor rake the young "Trim out guy" over the coals..:D Young kid, who is learning the trade but has no work ethic...yet.
Springs, camber plates, BMR panhard rod installed, OEM wheel locks cut off and wheels installed, Hurts Shifter was already in…
CAI and tune will wait for a few days…
Washed her up, waxing will have to wait 60 days or so,,, New paint all over the car...

It is so nice to have the GT back, I love riding my bikes, but the Mustang is my True toy.

:worthlesb

yes yes yes I know,,,,, in the morning if it dont rain.

Few pictures

Finally, though they are not very good. Need to find a better backgound, and wait for lighting to improve.

P1010051.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010058.jpg