pinholes in floor

sunburst gold

Founding Member
Nov 27, 2001
My friend's 65 sat outside last spring, and we pulled the front carpet up over the weekend. Rain has leaked in and gotten to the passenger side. Not really bad, yet.

There are three pretty small pinholes in the center section of the floor.

Then there's a little longer hole at the place up where the firewall meets the floor.

I don't think it's time to replace the floor, and I told him to use Eastwood's rust preventative on it.

What does he do about the pinholes?? I'm wondering about JB Weld??

Is there some other liquid metal product out there? Is there something that he could paint the whole side of the floor with?

• Sponsors (?)

Pin Hole Help

I have just finished a complete scrub and cleaning of my 66, which included floor replacement. I had a few small (note small holes, not floor mat size) holes here and there which would have required even more sheet metal replacement. Since I am putting together a daily driver (ok nice days), a concours resto is not in my future, so function takes priority over orignal looks. I used brush in rhino liner, made for truck beds. Cheap, only about 13 bucks a quart, and 1 gallon did the entire underside and pass. area of mine. it is very thick, and fills in small problem areas without problems. It actually dries to look fairly good also. It seems to be a much nicer option than undercoating, very tough. Hopefully will help some with soundproofing also. Buy a quart and try it on something hidden to test it.

JB weld

I used JB weld on one small pinhole about this size o. It worked and looks like a lasting fix. The car will never see water again, so it's not that big of a deal. I'll bet the old guy on Boyd's show would have used something else though. :rlaugh:

jim-

that's the thing--replacing the pan on the passenger side would make things look more messy than the JB.

I hadn't thought of the Rhino lining. Apparently the guy on the phone at Eastwood told the owner of the car that undercoating will just trap water--would that be true of the Rhino?

I mean, the idea is not to get it wet again, but who knows.