PIONEER IPOD ADAPTER cd-IB100

savegoodautonfg

May 11, 2005
Hey guys,

Just got an ipod and pioneer ipod adapter the cd-ib100ii and i was wondering if any of you guys have it installed in your 5.0 and where you mounted and wire the power n ground n everything too. trying to find a way

thanks in advance

-nick

• Sponsors (?)

I have a JVC and mine did not have to have a separate power or ground wire, but I did some research to try to help you. This is a link to crutchfield that may help http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8fJDonD17Dm/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=130IB100II&tab=review

There are probably countless places to get power and ground for the adapter, but here are my suggestions. Ground: Pull back the carpet some on the passenger side and find a nice solid metal ground either the floorboard or some of the bracing. Try not to ground where peoples feet will be, a little higher or to the sides would be best. Power: Fuse box, but you will have to decide if it needs power all the time or just when key is on. I am thinking you want one that is just when it is on accessory, but I'm sure the manual will tell you if you need +12 power or +12 accessory.

I tried to pull the manual up from Pioneers site, but it wouldnt load for some reason.

Good luck!

I have a JVC and mine did not have to have a separate power or ground wire, but I did some research to try to help you. This is a link to crutchfield that may help http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8fJDonD17Dm/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=130IB100II&tab=review

There are probably countless places to get power and ground for the adapter, but here are my suggestions. Ground: Pull back the carpet some on the passenger side and find a nice solid metal ground either the floorboard or some of the bracing. Try not to ground where peoples feet will be, a little higher or to the sides would be best. Power: Fuse box, but you will have to decide if it needs power all the time or just when key is on. I am thinking you want one that is just when it is on accessory, but I'm sure the manual will tell you if you need +12 power or +12 accessory.

I tried to pull the manual up from Pioneers site, but it wouldnt load for some reason.

Good luck!

Thanks,

I figured it out today about the wiring. I cant believe i didnt think of where to put it. I've been doing this sh it since i was a little kid. I was wondering mosrtly where to put the actual adapter. Cause its a bulky f'ing thing?

Thanks,

I figured it out today about the wiring. I cant believe i didnt think of where to put it. I've been doing this sh it since i was a little kid. I was wondering mosrtly where to put the actual adapter. Cause its a bulky f'ing thing?

Right behind the stereo and hvac controls on the console, there is some room between the back of it and the firewall. Just lay it on top of the hump behind in there and then run the wires for the ipod up to the glove box. Thats what I did anyway. You will enjoy the ipod instead of having to carry all those cds.