Engine Piping At Idle

Dave34

Dec 8, 2014
i have a 91 gt with a fcam gt40p heads and an efi intake with an elbow 76mm maf and a megasquirt ecu and the afr is good at idle but every 10 seconds it pops it doesn't do it when accelerating the wires are ford racing with 90 degree boots on both ends so they don't touch the headers and the plugs are new

• Sponsors (?)

How long have you had the car running on the system. If I'm to help you at all I'm in need a data log and a copy of your tune file. Are you running this car in mass or speed density. If it's happening every 10 seconds that sounds like ignition log issue it may be happening as you run down the road and you don't even know it the RPM's will cover it up. Go ahead and look for our megasquirt help thread if you repost this problem a copy of your data log and your msq file then when I find an answer it'll be in the help thread for everyone to see and maybe we can help someone else that has this issue

Sorry can I get a better description of the car and the issue. From what I gather you have a intake kinda like mine. But what is the poping? Is it very loud? Does it smell like fuel? Any discoloration on the exhaust tips?

Mine.
20160722_200446.jpg

It's a 91 gt with a ms ecu cold air intake the same Intake as you 75mm throttle body 24 pound injectors f cam gt40p heads long tube headers and flow master mufflers off road x pipe at idle and crusing it makes a poping sound out of the exhaust but not on acceleration it's it sounds more like a misfire it's not a backfire