Engine Pistons:(

so i just found out that i blew a piston yesterday. i have a 2002 mustang gt and and i was wondering what would be better for me to do from here just rebuild it with new pistons and seals or go the bigger engine route.

i have a buddy that is selling a 5.0 out of a 94 gt.

but right now just would like to have some opinions on what to do, just build with what i have or go with a new motor.

current mods are bbk 78mm throttle body, bbk cold air, 90 maf, bbk long tubes, bbk xpipe and flow master 40 series.

thanks guys much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

wow. im surprised a piston went in a n/a car.

if you plan on staying n/a, i would suggest pulling the motor, take it to a machine shop, get higher compression forged pistons w/ valve reliefs, get some 5.0 rods, some cams, and just rebuild the stock bottom end with new bearings etc. It should be budget friendly, fun, and reliable.

wow. im surprised a piston went in a n/a car.

if you plan on staying n/a, i would suggest pulling the motor, take it to a machine shop, get higher compression forged pistons w/ valve reliefs, get some 5.0 rods, some cams, and just rebuild the stock bottom end with new bearings etc. It should be budget friendly, fun, and reliable.
lol as you can tell i dont know much about engines but im learning.

just one question how budget friendly is it.

i just put a new pistons/rods in my 4.6 2v. about $1000 for the rods/pistons and $300 to balance it. i build my own stuff so the rest was gaskets,head studs,oil,plugs etc. probally easier to get a new short from dss or somewhere that builds mod motors if your not engine savvy. i only have machine shops do my machine work. they take to long to build motors.

so i just found out that i blew a piston yesterday. i have a 2002 mustang gt and and i was wondering what would be better for me to do from here just rebuild it with new pistons and seals or go the bigger engine route.

i have a buddy that is selling a 5.0 out of a 94 gt.

but right now just would like to have some opinions on what to do, just build with what i have or go with a new motor.

current mods are bbk 78mm throttle body, bbk cold air, 90 maf, bbk long tubes, bbk xpipe and flow master 40 series.

thanks guys much appreciated.

Ill sell you a complete 03gt rotating assembly for 100$ plus shipping :)

Ill sell you a complete 03gt rotating assembly for 100$ plus shipping :)
ok how do i get in contact with you bc the other engine didnt work out. but i have a question for you i dont think i messed up the pistons in any way i think it is maybe a problem in the passanger side head bc it is a light tick. and when i start the car in the morning it isnt there but after it warms up it starts to make noise, any ideas on what it might be, im thinking a lifter but had a mechanic look at it and say no.

ok how do i get in contact with you bc the other engine didnt work out. but i have a question for you i dont think i messed up the pistons in any way i think it is maybe a problem in the passanger side head bc it is a light tick. and when i start the car in the morning it isnt there but after it warms up it starts to make noise, any ideas on what it might be, im thinking a lifter but had a mechanic look at it and say no.
Im sending you a private message now with my contact information....feel free to call me at any time. Depending on where you live and if its cost effective, you could send me the block and I could put the shortblock together for you for a small fee! Or if you want to send me the long block, i could go through the whole motor and make sure everything is in order. These engines dont have "lifters" per say but lash adjusters. In order to replace them you will need to know what you are doing with a pry bar on tedeous manner or a valve spring compressor

Im sending you a private message now with my contact information....feel free to call me at any time. Depending on where you live and if its cost effective, you could send me the block and I could put the shortblock together for you for a small fee! Or if you want to send me the long block, i could go through the whole motor and make sure everything is in order. This engines dont have "lifters" per say but lash adjusters...in order to replace them it will require you to know what you are doing with a pry bar really well or removing the camshafts.