Placement of Directional Rotors

Ok, I have crossdrilled and slotted rotors on my car. Now when I installed them they didn't have a arrow facing which direction to install them. The picture attached is of the drivers side. My question is .... Are they faceing the right way ?? A friend of mine with a Saleen has just cross drilled rotors and they are facing the other way. I told him that they are backwards and he said they aren't. Can anyone settle this debate ??

attachment.php

Attachments

• 03CobraBrakes1.JPG
    03CobraBrakes1.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Sponsors (?)

assuming the car isnt an australian mustang and the drivers side is on the right, YES they are installed correctly. think of the heat that is washed away but the holes as if they were water. if they were installed the other way, the water would tend to fly inward, so opposed to fly away like they are in the pic.

Different brands face different directions. As an example, Brembo and Powerslot "slots" are opposite from each other.

The vane pattern inside the rotor is what's important NOT the holes or slots. If they are directional rotors they must be orientated to direct air from the center to the outside of the rotor when the vehicle is moving forward. Some rotors are not directional and it doesn't matter which direction they face.

Read this for a little more info...
http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/glossary/v.htm

MaxMustang said:
Different brands face different directions. As an example, Brembo and Powerslot "slots" are opposite from each other.

The vane pattern inside the rotor is what's important NOT the holes or slots. If they are directional rotors they must be orientated to direct air from the center to the outside of the rotor when the vehicle is moving forward. Some rotors are not directional and it doesn't matter which direction they face.

Read this for a little more info...
http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/glossary/v.htm
Correct. My Brembo slots face the other direction as you can see here, but it's the vanes inside that matters. Brembo's clearly mark it.

sep03-2.jpg