Plasti Dip

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by Nightfire, Oct 21, 2011.

1. The only thing offset is your perception. These are 20x10 wheels and they don't stick out that much.
    offset.jpg

Attached Files:

2. That looks much better. Was hard to see mobile with the other pics.

3. I like the inside of the wheels, but not so much on the roof.

Attached Files:

4. I've been toying with painting my rims flat black or something other than what they currently are, and this looks like it will be a good alternative. If i don't like it, i can just peel it off! I didn't read every single post in this thread, but has anyone had any issues with taking it off if the result is undesired?

5. I have pulled it off of some other items without issue and even from painted panels. I did see a thread where a guy had some chrome plating pull off with it but it seems to be a bad finish to start with as this didn't really stick when pulling it off.

6. My wheels are polished so im not worried about finishing coming off..

No prep is really needed other then getting the wheels super clean right?

7. nothin better to do

I was bored today and remembered i had a red saleen spoiler laying around. So i bought some plasti-dip and went to town on it. I used clear coat to give it some gloss to at least sorta match my paint lol..

before
    IMG_0283.jpg

after plastidip
    IMG_0288.jpg

then clear coat
    IMG_0300.jpg

What you guys think? :D

Attached Files:

8. The clear really pops! I like it.

9. :D i think im going to add another coat of clear today, it wasnt as shiny as i wanted lol, or maybe if i buff it?

10. Sand then apply another coat of clear. I doubt you'd be able to polish because the heat of the buffer would likely remove the Plasti-Dip.... worth a try though, it's not like you're going to wreck anything :lol:

11. plasti-dip painted panel look like ****. Not even close to perfect coverage.

12. +1 on the cleared panel looking crappy.

this is turning into the seafoam thread, so i figured i would get a post in. :D

13. Plasti dip seems like it would be a good fix to cracked cowl covers after reading all this stuff

14. Finally able to get some pictures of my plastidip project. It turned out pretty good I think. I was debating about painting the area before hand but I'm still not 100% sold. Enjoy the redneck nectar:

DSC_0013-2.jpg
    DSC_0012-3.jpg
    DSC_0015-1.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Man that is a beautiful car :nice:

16. so i think 2maro im going to go buy like 5cans do my fuel door,gt emblems, and redo my rims in them

17. Thanks!

18. :lol: a man with a sense of humor :nice:

Looks good man.

Attached Files:

19. Thanks man, I appreciate it!

20. Finally did my wheels today and they came out great. The car looks so mean now. I'll postup pics tomorrow.