Playing catch up to z28's...

CobraSVT95

Jun 18, 2004
hey guys whats up!

well stangers need your imput... a cousin of mine just bought a stock 94 5spd gt and he was wondering what he would all have to do to make his car as fast or faster than a stock z28

thanks for all replies

• Sponsors (?)

CPSTACKMONEY said:
Not so, A little bit of good driving and the right few select mods (namely low gears) and a STOCK Ls1 will fall behind. But not a modified one.
On a 94 GT ? The LS1 will walk all over him with just gears. The Gt may take the 1st 200 ft, but it's over after that.

I suppose if you're talking about light to light the GT may have a chance but on the 1320' the LS1 will prevail. Now saying "the right few select mods" is a little general but I'm assuming by your statement that you're not talking about many mods or expensive ones either.

You'll need heads, cam and intake at least ! Most LS1's are putting down easily 305 rwhp completely stock.

The LS1 and even the LT1 are good engines are similar to the 4.6 and the 5.0, both the LS1 and 4.6 Being the higher-revving engines as well as the most current, and the 5.0 and LT1 having more low end grunt as well as being the older engines, with the LT1 putting down around 240RWHP and the LS1 around 310RWHP which is a few bolt-ons away from hitting stock Cobra power, in the LS1's case.

Unless you went with a very agressive cam and had an all NA setup it would be very hard, but possible, task to keep up with a well-modded LS1, now stock it can be done quite much more easily, with bolt-ons and gears and definately a good intake mani. Heads will get you there easily, and a nice, soft 50hit off the hose would do nicely.

nxsmiley.gif
or
turbo2.gif

gcomfx.com said:
gears and a 75 shot beat an SS in the 1/4 in my AODE....

On the street the 100 shot would walk MANY of the newer camaros.... maybe it's cause I shocked them, maybe it's because they couldn't drive. But that's their problem not mine. LOL

http://gcomfx.com/pages/stang/movies.htm

i got a 95. i got 3.55 gears a cold air intake, stock exhaust, and a 100 dry shot. my car runs 12.7 at 108. So i say spray the damn beast and call it a day.

what he really trying to beat is a stock SS with the exception of corsa exhaust

i told him no but this is the list that he thought he would be even with him...

shorties
o/r h
flows
70mm tb
cai
75mm maf
cobra intake
u/d pullies
3.73 gears
pro 5.0
dr's
1.8 crane roller rockers

lol 1.8 RR? I dont think they make those man...I walk LT1's all day long in my car. Even SS's. mods are in my sig.
You have the right idea with your parts list but in the long run your friend is just gonna spend more money buying parts he really needs. Dont waste money on Shortie headers. Dont get a 75mm MAF. I personally think CAI are a BS mod but they look nice and probably help our cars stay cooler in hot traffic and weather.
If it were mine id get
1. 3.73 rear end gears
2. Prom plastic 80mm MAF (cheapest but still good)
3. Mac/BBK Lt headers, o/r h, And an SS mac catback from partshopper. 310 bucks with a rebate. cant go wrong
4. 125 zex nitrous kit
5. Trick flow intake manifold
6. FMS 65mm throttle body
7. MSD 6al Ignition (i think it makes ALOT of a difference)
Thats about 2000$ in mods and he'd probably be able to take an LS1 too
When i think about all the mods i've done to my car i regret doing so many little things and probably coulda got a turbo kit and ran low 12's without anything else. Hp performance quoted me 5557 dollars for a full kit and tune installed. But thats alot of money. So it depends on how much your friend wants to spend

red ink said:
lol 1.8 RR? I dont think they make those man...I walk LT1's all day long in my car. Even SS's. mods are in my sig.
You have the right idea with your parts list but in the long run your friend is just gonna spend more money buying parts he really needs. Dont waste money on Shortie headers. Dont get a 75mm MAF. I personally think CAI are a BS mod but they look nice and probably help our cars stay cooler in hot traffic and weather.
If it were mine id get
1. 3.73 rear end gears
2. Prom plastic 80mm MAF (cheapest but still good)
3. Mac/BBK Lt headers, o/r h, And an SS mac catback from partshopper. 310 bucks with a rebate. cant go wrong
4. 125 zex nitrous kit
5. Trick flow intake manifold
6. FMS 65mm throttle body
7. MSD 6al Ignition (i think it makes ALOT of a difference)
Thats about 2000$ in mods and he'd probably be able to take an LS1 too
When i think about all the mods i've done to my car i regret doing so many little things and probably coulda got a turbo kit and ran low 12's without anything else. Hp performance quoted me 5557 dollars for a full kit and tune installed. But thats alot of money. So it depends on how much your friend wants to spend

an SS is the LT1