Please fix new post notification

Discussion in 'Feedback Area | Testing Zone' started by 99FiveOh, Jul 8, 2011.

1. 99FiveOh

99FiveOh Advanced Member

I come here and view all the new posts to subscribed threads then leave for a while. I come back and it tells me there are new posts, I click on the link and I'm seeing the exact same thing I saw when I was here the previous visit. No new posts! Funny thing is, if I click the USER CP after reading a new post, it won't be in bold anymore, so the site KNOWS that I've read the new posts. Why does it wait till my next login and tell me there are new posts? weird.

This site has always done this and it's very annoying. I don't see an option to turn that off or any settings to make it stop.
  2. timeless2

timeless2 Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici Admin Dude

What you're describing is not something I have heard mentioned frequently or recently, unfortunately.

Here's a link to all posts within the last 24 hours. I use this constantly. ;)

Mustang Forums at StangNet - Search Results
  3. 99FiveOh

99FiveOh Advanced Member

What I'm referring to is when you click on your user cp and see new posts to your subscribed threads. After you click on them to read them, if you click on user cp again they should be gone. It should tell you: There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period.

But on this site, you can be away for a couple hours sometimes, come back and click on user cp and it'll show in bold a topic that "supposedly" has new replies, but when I click on that topic there isn't anything new posted. I mentioned this in the 94/95 Talk section and others have noticed this as well. It's not game breaking in any way, I just thought I'd mention it to see if there was a work around.