Please Help! Alternator prob.

JeanC

Jan 15, 2011
Greetings people!
I have a 2006 Mustang GT has programming SCT, Borla pipe and catback diff 4.10, Steeda Pulley, Steeda charge motion plate, C & L Intake filter, throttle steeda spacer. I write the changes to see if this could cause some but I doubt it! Yesterday we changed the alternator (OEM) my mustang, we thought it was the battery, I bought a new battery and nothing, so we changed the alternator only with 26k miles. Yesterday we changed the factory alternator to a one of 135amp brand Tuff Stuff Performance (NEW) when we installed the new alternator was throwing a 14.00v with everything on, air, lights ect. Today when I turned on the car and in the panel i have a msg. Checking your System, quickly set the voltage meter in the alternator is dead, 11.5V againnnn
that may be ????? battery change, I put the new alternator and the same thing happen again? what can could cause a new alternator is damaged?? please help. Thanks PD: Sparks has been changed yesterday too! and the mustang do not have, audio system, hid, anything.

• Sponsors (?)