PLEASE HELP ! antifreeze in all my plugs on left bank

kj99

Founding Member
Sep 2, 1999
Spartanburg SC
I pulled off the boot on the 2nd plug on the drivers side, and it was full of coolant. Then I noticed small amounts of coolant around each spark plug on the left side. But my car is not running hot yet since this happened. Which was wed. Tell me what is this going to cost me if it's a gasket or something

thanks Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

marvax, if it was a head gasket, what signs would it show. Would it still be running like normal or would I have way more problems. As of wed the car runs fine. Temp is normal, its just got some coolant along the left side of the intake around each plug.

Another Q. If It's the intake and I need a new, should I just go ahead with a headswap while I'm at it? ooops that takes money, which I don't have right now (christmas) :bang: :bang:

A blown head gasket would give you anti-freeze from the exhaust (sickly-sweet smell) and a loss of power. Also the engine would probably run a little rough until enough anti-freeze/water collected in the cylinder to more than fill the volume with the piston at TDC - then you could kiss your block good bye... :notnice:

I for one would be greatful it's just the intake... :bang:

kj99 said:
Another Q. If It's the intake and I need a new, should I just go ahead with a headswap while I'm at it? ooops that takes money, which I don't have right now (christmas) :bang: :bang:

The headswap is pricey. Can you keep the car off the road until you can do it? I'd hate to replace the intake only to have to do it again a few months down the road.

My intake was cracked and that was my excuse to do a headswap. I just used the ol credit card. Got the heads for $350 delivered (plus $48 for the bent valves), $105 for the head change kit, $140 delivered for the PI intake, plus about $40 more for some other gaskets. Pretty damn cheap if ya ask me.

DB96GT said:
My intake was cracked and that was my excuse to do a headswap. I just used the ol credit card. Got the heads for $350 delivered (plus $48 for the bent valves), $105 for the head change kit, $140 delivered for the PI intake, plus about $40 more for some other gaskets. Pretty damn cheap if ya ask me.

That's easy to say when you're paying with plastic........... :D