Please help, car won't start

SVTCobra66

Founding Member
May 4, 2002
I have a 96GT, which was outside in the rain last night. Today i tried to start it, and it will not hold an idle. if i rev the engine up i can move it around (got it in the garage finally), but it doesn't idle at all. I've had problems similar to this before, but it would always start on the 2nd or 3rd try. Usually it would only happen after rain, but for the last few weeks there has been no problem at all, which is why this is so surprising. A friend suggested it might be the fuel pump, but when i asked about the problem before many stangnet members suggested it was a faulty IAC. Any suggestions on what it could be or what i should do? Thanks
Chris

• Sponsors (?)

SVTCobra66 said:
I have a 96GT, which was outside in the rain last night. Today i tried to start it, and it will not hold an idle. if i rev the engine up i can move it around (got it in the garage finally), but it doesn't idle at all. I've had problems similar to this before, but it would always start on the 2nd or 3rd try. Usually it would only happen after rain, but for the last few weeks there has been no problem at all, which is why this is so surprising. A friend suggested it might be the fuel pump, but when i asked about the problem before many stangnet members suggested it was a faulty IAC. Any suggestions on what it could be or what i should do? Thanks
Chris

Seems like a bad IAC to me. And you might want to try the Ford dealership, because they may have an improved design to replace it. And sometimes I even pay less at the dealership for parts than I would at Napa or O'Reilly.