please help gt is loosing balance

metalis

Jan 9, 2010
i just purchaced a 2004 mustang gt with automatic transmission, i got this mustang from a small dealer and it has a record of accident in the rear. anyway, what happen is that everytime i start to accelerate from 5mph down to flooring it start to loose balance and it kept moving to the left side so i always steering it to the right. the tires are in good condition, i dont know what to do so please help mustang enthusiast..

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It is illegal for a stealership to sell you a car that is unsafe to drive.

Go back to the stealership and be sure and mention the state attorney in the first few sentences.

Not only make them correct this for your trouble you deserve a new set of tire as well.

Time to play hardball man, you got screwed.

When that stealership opens this morning be there with a good plan and a harsh attitude.

If you drive that car in rain or snow or even hit some loose gravel you will most likely wreck.

In general I agree with Kilgore though I'd get the car looked at before going back so you "know of what you speak." If the car has safety deficiencies get that information beforehand from a professional so that when you go back you're complaining from a position of knowledge.

Q: Did you not test drive the car before you bought it?
Q: Did you obtain a Carfax on the car?

You know it has a record of an accident in the rear: Is it a salvage title or is it clean? How did you find out? Did they tell you or...?

Regardless, don't drive the thing any more than you have to until you find out what it is. If it feels to you like the rear axle is moving around it probably is and I'm thinking something is up with the 4-link in the rear (an upper mount damaged or broken or improperly repaired, for instance.)