Please help me fix my DD

jstang209

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 3, 2004
Stockton 209
My gay ass rodeo didnt want to start up this morning, just a click.. if we jump start it, it starts right up. So im thinking the starter(but i dont see any reason why it would jus go out) or a bad ground or something:shrug: any ideas or test i can probably do to diagnose this problem?:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a digital voltmeter, check it, 12.6 is fully charged. Check for water in each cell. 2.1vots per cell, if you want to get really picky. Sounds like a battery problem. Get it tested, if it tests good try alt. THEN starter. Test the parts that are cheapist first.

i replaced the battery with one out of another car and still no workie :( although i did mess with the cable a little and it fired right up then i shut it off and tried again but it didnt start, jus the click. So im guessing the battery and the starter are out the question correct? So it would have to be the cables

No, If its a click like just one click, then its the starter. Usually if a starter is dead, a jump will get it going that one time.

Change your starter, your charging system is not the problem. Ill bet 20 dollars on it.

Edit - Also, Ill bet if you hit the starter with a hammer a few times, it will most likely start right up.

jstang209 said:
i replaced the battery with one out of another car and still no workie :( although i did mess with the cable a little and it fired right up then i shut it off and tried again but it didnt start, jus the click. So im guessing the battery and the starter are out the question correct? So it would have to be the cables
I've seen this problem more than once. If you have power (dome lights turn on) and you hit the starter and it just makes a clicking noise and all the power goes dead, it's a battery cable. Is your power all going out when you hit the starter?

no all the power is fine, lights, radio, and everything stay on just fine. Dont dim or anything. If it was the starter why would it work just sometimes. I said in my last post that i messed with the cables a little and it started just fine.

jstang209 said:
no all the power is fine, lights, radio, and everything stay on just fine. Dont dim or anything. If it was the starter why would it work just sometimes. I said in my last post that i messed with the cables a little and it started just fine.

Starters do that, dude im telling you 100% its your starter. Go and change all this other crap, ill give you 20 dollars if its not your starter.

My starter went out, it didnt start, so I had to push it down a hill and jump it, it started fine the next day, but I changed it asap.

jstang209 said:
If all power stays on, then I'd say it's the starter too.