PLEASE help me!!!!!!

Ok here's the deal my subs keep hitting...Like non-stop it's just a constant bump bumpbumpbump even when the music is paused. If the head unit is on they just keep hitting and it's wierd it's not to like any beat either it's just hitting rappidly without stopping. I don't want to have to take it to my shop unless I have to. Can anyone help.

• Sponsors (?)

How strange, is all the stereo equipment new? What kind of RCA's do you have, and are they all plugged in to the right spots? Some head units have multiple places where you can plug in your RCA's (red and white), and if you plugged the set for the sub into the set for the front speakers or something, maybe that would do it.... :shrug:

Just a thought, but I have never heard of that before.

First, unplug the RCA connectors at the amp connection. Turn the amp back on and see if you still get that noise. If the noise is still present then double check your ground connection. I assume you are pulling power directly from the positive battery terminal. If that still doesn't work, see where the gain controls are set on your amp (they may be up too high). Lastly, if the noise is gone when the RCAs are unplugged and present when the RCA's are plugged in then you have traced the problem to the head unit and/or cables. Run another set of RCAs striaght from the head unit to the amp (not under the carpet). Check for the noise. If the noise is there then it's your headunit. You will then have to double check the connection on the head unit and then check the settings. Is the noise present even if the car is not running but the radio is on (key in acc position)? Keep me posted.