Please Help......rear Calipers Won't Come Off.

I am attempting to put new rear pads and rotors on my 94 GT. I removed the 2 pins on the calipers, but the caliper will not come off the rotor. ( Parking brake is off ) In every video and tutorial I see online, the calipers should come right off. What gives ? All I knew I had to get was the caliper tool for compressing the caliper after I remove it to put in the new pads......I cant find anything to tell me how to unstick this crap. I don't want start banging things around.....but this crap is stuck on good.

I also had a DERP moment and accidently popped off the following spring. I almost killed myself trying to get THAT back on.
WP_000016.jpg
WP_000017.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You'll need two vise grips and brute force to get that e brake spring back on.

As for the caliper, try a pry bar or flat head screwdriver between the caliper and bracket.

Well, since you're replacing the rotors too,you can remove the two 15mm caliper bracket bolts and remove the caliper and bracket together.

A little prying will not hurt anything.

When you go to remove the rotors, don't forget those lock washers on the lug studs.
If the rotor is stuck to the axle shaft, a few whacks to the back side of the rotor will free them up.

Any ideas why I cant get the calipers to compress ? I'm using a tool from AutoZone.

I also feel like a moron here..............I ordered the "replacement" pads from Latemodel resto and realized ( a month after I received them) that they are bigger than the old ones I pulled off. Ugh.................how in the heck do they fit ? guessing I gotta go buy some of those pads from AutoZone too............waste of $$

Seems like this simple little thing is now a pissy annoying problem. Dangit...............

Any ideas why I cant get the calipers to compress ? I'm using a tool from AutoZone.

I also feel like a moron here..............I ordered the "replacement" pads from Latemodel resto and realized ( a month after I received them) that they are bigger than the old ones I pulled off. Ugh.................how in the heck do they fit ? guessing I gotta go buy some of those pads from AutoZone too............waste of $$

Seems like this simple little thing is now a ****y annoying problem. Dangit...............

Are you talking front or rear caliper pistons?

For the front, a c clamp and wood will work fine.

Rear, the piston MUST be rotated clockwise to properly seat them.

I use a caliper kit from harbor freight that works awesome for both front and rear.

I figured this would be way faster. lol I handled the interior restoration pretty well, but this seemed to kick my rear. :) I didn't have my Mas Cylinder cap off......... I just tried one before im heading to bed and got one caliper compressed. big ol' DUH moment huh ? :D Guess ill hit up ol autozone for some basic pads. Gonna have to sell my other ones I got in.

That's what the item description says on their website. didn't fit the calipers, that's why I'm not keeping them. I thought it was for stock calipers......:(. guess I wasn't paint attention. A could look at the website to see the pads there....idk if anyone here might need them

I still have not gotten that spring back on. I tried hard last night and could not get it. Hoping someone has a secret here......:D

I've seen a suggestion that zip ties may help. Have a friend help you; one of you compresses the spring as much as you can, and the other tightens the zip tie. Repeat this process several times until the spring is compressed enough to install.