Please help with Charcoal Canister

nojretlas

Aug 24, 2006
Someone please help me reconnect the charcoal canister. I know where the line to the upper intake is, but I cannot find the line to the gas tank. Anyone have pics or explaination or both of what it looks like or where it comes from in regards to the engine compartment. Apparently someone who had the car before me took it out, now I cannot locate it to hook back up.

Thanks
Jon
1993 GT Vert.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

In my 90GT it is a black plastic line that runs along with the fuel lines along the passenger side frame rail then up into the passenger fender well and comes up over the shock tower and connects to the charcoal canister. This is a vent line for the fuel tank.

Don

Why do you want to reconnect it? Do you live in Cali and have emmissions issues? I removed mine and vented the tube to open air and lost some weight in the process. gt90stang is correct in the location of the hose and I've seen them routed inside the pass. fenders before.

Dayzed50 said:
Why do you want to reconnect it? Do you live in Cali and have emmissions issues? I removed mine and vented the tube to open air and lost some weight in the process. gt90stang is correct in the location of the hose and I've seen them routed inside the pass. fenders before.
The carbon canister vents fuel vapor into the intake manifold at cruse. This helps richen up the cruse mixture slightly. It also eliminates the gas stink when the car is closed up in the garage or other poorly ventilated place. Don’t park you car in the garage if you have a gas fired water heater, the fuel vapors are a potential explosive hazard.

If you have emissions testing in your area, plan on re-connecting it. You won't pass the visual inspection without it.

I see the hose under the car but it never comes out of the fender. Can I take the wheel well off to see the hose? I plan on restoring the car to stock, thats why I am reconnecting it.
Thanks