Please Help With Fuel Problem!

XBLCanterX

Dec 28, 2003
Lexington
Can someone tell me where the shrader valve is on the fuel rail!!??

My car cranks fine (fuel pump primes good) but will not stay running and does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when I hit the gas pedal (except make a sucking noise from the intake) Its like its getting air but no fuel...but fuel pump is priming??!

I cant check fuel pressure b/c i cant find the #!!#!#@ shrader valve....do these things even have them????

help me out guys...besides the pump what else could it be MAF, TPS, ECU???

thanks

p.s. yeah its got gas in it...lol

• Sponsors (?)

its on the pass side behind the accessories. trace the fuel line from the rail as it goes down the front of the motor. kind of a pain to access. should have a black cover on it. thats the best i can do. good luck.

It's on one of the fuel lines before the lines make their final turn towards the intake. It should have a little cap on it. Look behind the alternator. There is 2 fuel lines. One for feed and one for return. It will be on the feed line. They are together.

Just because your pump is priming dosn't mean it is NOT PUMPING. It does not take much fuel to idle the motor. Check the fuel filter also. Did you run the car out of gas or really low. Sometimes they will pick up crap from the bottom of the tank.

Yes....if you have a fuel line of some kind. Attach it to the valve. Get an empty bottle or bucket. Put your finger over the end of the line and have someone turn the key on and roll the car over. Take the coil wire off. The car won't start (OBVIOUSLY).

You will know if the pressure is there or not.

what is the little black box on the firewall right behind the intake..? I has an electical connector and a vaccum line going into it...it was not plugged in the whole time since I got the car...so I plugged it in the other day and this started happening...so i unplugged it again...but it didnt help.

what is this box?? does it or the EGR valve have anything to do with my problem??

your probably talking about the MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure), but it looks like you have a mass air conversion.... so take that thick vacuum line and put a bolt or something in it, dont plug it to the sensor....might be a good idea to get a 190gph fuel pump anyway, or 255 even...pull any codes?

yeah my 87's got a 91 GT motor in it so yeah its MAF.

makes since why the MAP was unplugged all this time now...lol

this is really getting on my nerves now though...

the thing cranks and sounds fine for like 2 seconds and then dies b/c of "what I think" is a lack of fuel...reason being...have no clue

it doesnt sputter or jerk or anything...just quietly shuts off 2 seconds after it starts...no vaccum leaks either