Please help with Lean Condition

kevsstang

Mar 21, 2004
pa
Hey guys went to the track today and after the second pass i decided to check the plugs. Well i only made 2 passes because the plugs were as white as my car. My friend that was there said it was a lean condition and advised me not to run again, so i didn't. I am at a loss now considering I have 30lb injectors, 190lph fuel pump, and the Fuel pressure is set at 42psi. I thought? that i had enough fuel for my combo. Please advise me on what the problem is/could be and how to correct it. i did have the car at the Dyno and all they did was bumo timing to 16* and left the fuel pressure where it was. The A/F ratio started at 15 at 2500,then 15 to 13 at 3000 to 3500 and between 13 and 12 from 3500 to 6000. Thank you in advance.

kev

• Sponsors (?)

from what i have read and understand the computer controls fuel everywhere except WOT. so it will more than likely stay the same until wot, which it looks like that is where you are running lean for some reason....or maybe its the other way around, lower the number the more rich you are running correct?

That is the same battle I was fighting till I got 24lber's. Too much fuel pressure and it just bogs off the line , too little and it runs lean. Another alternative would be a dyno tune.

Shallto did you have 30's in there? I still have stock fuel rails do i need to upgrade? Also is A Dyno Tune when they burn a chip for you? Sorry for so many questions but i just want to do this the right way.

I ran 30lber's for about 3 months and just couldn't get it tuned right. It would run awsome after 3,000 rpm but would just bog down low. If I lowered FP It would run real lean and like you my plugs would be white. A dyno tune will make a custm chip for you, and shoud be able to get it right. The problem with that is cost. I sold my mass and injector and bought new for about the same price so it didn't cost me anything.

I originally decided on the 30's in anticipation of super charging. when i purchased the engine and other goodies i didn't ask any questions on the boards about what injector size to get. I wish i would have. but if i get the dyno chip will i be able to get it reburned when i get the supercharger. Also i really don't want to buy 2 more sets of injectors (24 now and if 30's don't work with the SC 42's)

I just thought of this when i was searching lean conditions. I had an exhaust leak at the headers H-pipe connection both sides. From what i read that could have caused it or is that not a possibility?

For the cost of a dyno tune you could just buy a set of used 24's. I did the same thing. I ak also planning on getting a charger, but after talking to a guy at the track who told me that I would need bigger injectors anyway I just got the 24's and I'll get bigger when I get my charger. This is a damn expensive hobby!

yes it is an expensive hobby but its fun. Also what size injectors did he say. I was gonna get the SC trim but someone with the same combo was told by vortech he needed to get the S trim because of how well the engine flowed. So now i am leaning toward the s trim if that is true.

It's not that i am concerned about getting another chip burned. It was a question that i had, i was unsure if you get it reburned or do you get a new one. What is the PMS and where would you buy one?