Plenum Questions

madmatt

Ellis Juan sympathizer
Founding Member
Dec 28, 2002
Lexington, SC
Ok, Id like to in the future buy a new intake plenum and throttle body but I have a few questions. Ok, first Im looking at the C&L plenum, and it says that it works best with a 75mm throttle body. Now does anybody have any idea if it would do worse with the 70mm tb instead. Ok next, is it really worth it to get the Accufab combo over say the C&L/Mac tb combo or the Trick Flow/Mac combo. Ive seen the plenum show down things and right now Im looking for someone with some first hand experience. My car doesnt have longtubes like the test car in the plenum comparos so Im looking for something more like what I would gain. Thanks for any help. I just cant see spending the extra 100 bucks on something a little shinier than say the trickflow or C&L.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you've pretty well made up your mind then. OK, for me, I just wanted the best, so I got the Accufab plenum and TB. They are the best, look really nice and are high quality pieces. BUT, the difference between 'best' and 2nd or 3rd is minimal.
My 2nd choice would, without a doubt, be the C&L. But I'd still go with the Accufab TB. Run away from that POS MAC TB. Some people have reported having to grind or sand parts of them to make them work (butterfly not closing completely)...to me, that's just crap. The Accufab TB is a functional piece of art...billet aluminum.

I second twogts! He is the second smartest mustang guy I know (I am the smartest) (lol).

As a C&L user, I believe the Acufab is the best combo. However, I prefer the dull aluminum appearance of the C&L. The difference in performance is minimal. Be sure to use a quality TB and stick with the 75 with the C&L Plenum.

always go with quality not quantity or say cheapness i went with the accufab tb plenium combo and its awsome

and ofcorse a 75 is better i mean when your talking about air flow the more the better

Accufab is by far a top quality piece. HP wise, the Accufab plenum and 70MM TB has been proven over the others. I'm very satisfied with mine and I would spend the extra money again over the competitors.

TB&plenum.jpg

accufab.jpg

quality of accufab products is normally top notch. I have the 75mm combo on mine and love it :nice: I thought it was weird though, everyone else notices like 8-10hp peak gains. I only noticed 2-3hp peak gain, but picked up over 15hp and 20lb/ft b/t 2000-4500rpms. All in all, definately worth it imo!