Plenums

MRDucks

Jul 21, 2003
Sorry if this has all been discussed in other threads but I am trying to determine what the best bang for the buck is.....

What plenums are available now?
Prices?
HP?

What is going to be the difference between porting and polishing the stock one and buying and aftermarket one (cost, performance, etc).

My last questions is: I have read many threads in the past where the general consensus was that a CAI of any kind didn't add any measurable power. If you open up the plenum will this change and if not what are the supporting mods that will help get the most out of a larger intake plenum?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think we've seen a lot of dyno results with various combinations (regarding your CAI question).

As far as plenums available: Accufab, C & L, Dragon, Trick Flow. The Trick Flow, I believe is around $140 - making it the least expensive. The Accufab is around $189 making it the most.

As far as porting the stock plenum, it would probably open up the airflow a bit, but redesigning the plenum entirely to smooth out the air flow as well as increase the volume has apparently made a bigger improvement overall.

One more point: a lot of people avoided the throttle body upgrades until the plenums came out. Now, it's a necessity to upgrade the TB to get the flow - just goes to show how the components are related so maybe we'll see some dynos with TB/plenum/CAI v. TB/Plenum. :shrug:

Jay