Plug wire question

Kelso Gringo

Dec 12, 2007
I went to my local auto parts store (Schucks Auto) to get some new plug wires. They have a set of Motorcraft wires for the 4v and a set for the 2v motors. They look the same to me but have different part numbers and a big price difference. The 2v are twice as much, so can I use the 4v plug wires on my GT?

• Sponsors (?)

I figured as much but wanted to check before I shelled out extra money. Thanks for the quick reply. This site is friendlier and more helpful than the other mustang forums on the web. =)

I figured as much but wanted to check before I shelled out extra money. Thanks for the quick reply. This site is friendlier and more helpful than the other mustang forums on the web. =)

Not a problem.

Well, that all depends on what other forums. I tend to think the lowest of this site on friendlier and helpful compared to a few others I am on. Then again, it also depends on what topic is at hand.

I picked up the correct plug wires yesterday and decided to put them on today. My original wires have these plastic loom separaters on them. I cannot see a way to take them off without destroying them. Are these a "one-time use"?
I know I can just pick up some new ones at the auto shop, but I am poor, so if there is a way to reuse these, I would like to hear how to remove them.

Thanks

Kelso
notarealmechanicalguy.div