Plug Wires that Fit Right!?!

MLC Stang

Founding Member
Aug 23, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I've read a bunch of posts on plug wires and still have the same question:

Does anybody make a set of plug wires for our cars that are pre-cut to the correct length for each wire and actually fit right using the factory wire looms?

Thanks for any advice.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, the factory looms will allow for fatter wires, I was running FMS 9mm wires that just, just barely squeezd in them, it was a major PITA. I'm running the MSD SC's now, and all of the wires are so damn short, there is no room for slack whatsoever, so I removed the looms that are on the valve cover studs since they are no longer of any use. I had a hard time getting the wires to reach to each plug, they only seem to go on one way. I'm using the FMS wire looms on them now though to keep them evenly spaced from the dizzy, they were I think $7 for the pack of 4. I recommend them.

Edit: BTW the FMS wires are REALLY long, like, ridiculously long. But other than that, they're good wires.

i have msd wires, cut to fit. and these looms are the coolest ones out there, by R&M ...

longblock-006.jpg

I've read a bunch of posts on plug wires and still have the same question:

Does anybody make a set of plug wires for our cars that are pre-cut to the correct length for each wire and actually fit right using the factory wire looms?

Thanks for any advice.

You might try getting ahold of our old friend Tim (18 Mustangs is his username IIRC). I believe he ran AFM's custom Motorsport 94-95 wires and said they fit great.

Regarding other wires, I probably route my stuff different than most folks but I think the SC's fit kinda crappy. They're too short.

Livewires fit very well if you buy the correct ones. One set is for equal length shorty headers and the other set is for stock, unequal length or long tube headers. I just installed the wires along with Screamin' Demon Coil, 5.0 Dyna-Mod,and 5.0 Cap and Rotor yesterday and have noticed the engine runs smoother with better throttle response. I also bought the looms for these wires as they are 10mm. Squeezing any large wire into a standard loom is a great way to break wire inside the case.

i currently run livewires that fit great---i also have thier billet looms.

i replaced the steeda wires--which also fit great and i still keep around cuz my timing light won't fit around the livewires.

i had msd sc's for all of an afternoon and thought they fit like ass. since that an a early failure of a pro billet dizzy i have become anti-msd.