plugs for 96 GT

• Sponsors (?)

ford used 2 different plugs in the 4.6 motors. one bank had a different electrode than the other. just use some Autolite 764's. they are a good, cheap copper plug, plus autolite is the same as motorcraft.
EDIT: the 2 different electrodes was due to the path in which the spark took to ground.

bdcardinal said:
ford used 2 different plugs in the 4.6 motors. one bank had a different electrode than the other. just use some Autolite 764's. they are a good, cheap copper plug, plus autolite is the same as motorcraft.
EDIT: the 2 different electrodes was due to the path in which the spark took to ground.

Two different electrodes :rolleyes: ..Where do you get your info from..Ive tuned up many gt's and they ALWAYS had the same plug on both banks..

I have the Autolite 764's in BOTH banks. When I replaced my original platnums they were the same in both banks so I'm not sure why they would info on having different plugs in each bank.

white99gt said:
Two different electrodes :rolleyes: ..Where do you get your info from..Ive tuned up many gt's and they ALWAYS had the same plug on both banks..
just repeating what was in Sean Hyland's book. and ya they only reason they did that was to let the plugs last a little longer past warrenty, after that you use whatever in both banks.