plus and minus of 88 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

with what money?

88 is an okay year. 89s the best for foxes. have fun with the 85 mph speedo too.

Actually 87 and 88 were the ballsiest foxes right from the factory.. Until you did a cam swap than they are headaches. Ive driven bone stock versions of both and the speed density cars definitely pulled harder than the 89+.. The early 87's also had a more aggressive cam than the later years..

I don't know where ever body get that speed density car are so much of a pain after a cam swap.I have an 88 GT tfs1 cam the only problem i had was the idle. All i did was unhook the IAC and turn the idle screw up untill it idle about 800rpm.I did end up doing a MAF swap, i don't like it now im going to swap it back to speed density.

Lotta guys like the adjustability of the maf system, I guess some think that switch is worth something in itself. Never had reason to change any of my speed density 5.0s, though my old 86 only turned 11.40s. Thumpers website has a lot of rumor debunking facts, good info by someone who would know. And yeah, when I was racing back in the late 80's early 90's, my 88 could definitely do more damage with less done than friends with 89 or newer 5 liters,and none of us knew why.

maybe a little off topic, but i just remember a friend who told me once that some of the older fox-style stangs ( maybe 86ish??? i think maybe the 4-eyes?) have a better frame than the newer fox bodies ? can anyone clear this up for me?