PMS Tuning ?'s - KB s/c'd 5.0

voodookills31

Nov 29, 2009
Hey i finally installed my KB 1.5l on the 5.0. I hooked up the map sensor, PMS series IV, boost/vacuum gauge and my AFR wideband gauge. on start up the afr gauge reads 14.1 ish and the vacuum gauge and manifold pressure read -11 or 11 vacuum. the idles fine but only at 1000 rpms, anything lower and it starts to surge. at about 2000 rpms it feels like the car starts to bog down before it continues to make power.

I had a few questions, I know its alot, but anythings will help. Thanks in advance.

1. is it normal for the car to be reading 11 vacuum or -11 on the manifold pressure?

2. when i shift the AFR reads 16.0 is that because i let off the gas and the s/c is still winding up?

3. On start up the car will crank but wont start unless i push the gas pedal some. ive tried the -20 on the fuel cell during start up as suggested by AFM, but it still does it. I , even tried it on -10,0,+10,+20 with no notable change. why would it do this? I do suspect my starter is acting up, but i still shouldnt have to give it gas. I have 42lb injectors FYI.

4. This might be a stupid question to some, but i need to ask. When the s/c is creating more boost, i should be adding fuel and decreasing timing in the approriate rpm range. am i correct? is there a generic way for figuring out how much fuel/timing changes i should be making per PSI? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Depending on how big your cam is -11 inHg of vacuum seems ok. The start up thing sounds like a TPS thing. Did you set if manually with a volt meter to .98 volts? Then set it on the PMS??

Have you messed with Idle fuel and Start fuel on the PMS for the idle control issue?

ok so i figured out this much.

ive changed my start up fuel to -40 % and idle fuel to +14%

in my boost tables i had -14* timing at 1 psi to -0* timing at 10 psi max. then i changed it to where it didnt take out timing when i came into boost and to be honest i really dont feel a difference. is there any way my crane ignition box could be stoping my timing changes from my pms? thanks