Police Interceptor Engines

• Sponsors (?)

Around here we just got one of the Hemi Chargers and a V6 Charger. Ive seen the Hemi and some told me they saw the V6. I must say they look pretty sweet for a cop car.

Also about the Crown Vics, there was one that raced at the track with the light bar and all the other stuff on it and it ran like a 15 or 16 sec 1/4 mile.

I'll take my Vic over the charger any day of the week.
I miss my 97 that girl was a beast of the line. Definatly smoked my 2000 off the line. But the 2000 runs much better towards the top end and handle far better than my 97 did.

yea i got popped by one of them new chargers didnt get a tic. he said someone caomplained about me street racing and i told him it wasnt me (a lil white liebut it got me out of a ticket) the other day it was all black on black on black, i gotta tell ya it looked bad as hell.

The Vic's have a different/more agressive tune as well (had the chance to download the tune once....) Installed a SC for the cop down the road.

BTW...the hemi FLIES!!!!!
And even worse is it is black on black and unmarked. I made the mistake of thinking he was srcewing with me... left a light with the fronts off the ground, bastard f'd with me for 3 lights... when I was getting close to the interstate we ran again, I was like "woo hoo im winning" then "oh **** blue Lights!

..I'm contesting the ticket thought, they shouldn't be allowed to intimidate ppl into a race. That's f'd up.

Crown Vic police cars = SLOW
Hemi Charger police cars = FAST
Mercury Marauder = Nice car, fairly fast, lame bottom end power but easily modable.

'94-'96 LT1-powered GM cars (like my Cadillac FTS) = FAST, SMOOTH, very modable.

Attachments

• Just playin' around 2.jpg
    Just playin' around 2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 96
Crown Vic police cars = SLOW
Hemi Charger police cars = FAST
Mercury Marauder = Nice car, fairly fast, lame bottom end power but easily modable.

'94-'96 LT1-powered GM cars (like my Cadillac FTS) = FAST, SMOOTH, very modable.

Welcome newbie.......So how are those "slow" Crown Vic's not easily modable, but the LT1 based GM is?

Not to mention that, but those "lame bottom end power" Mercury Marauders are able to run head to head with your "modified" Caddy in stock trim.

And by the way.....mid/high 14-second luxobarges.......are not considered FAST. :rlaugh:

Not trying to come off like a dick, but you make a pretty bold (and frankly unwarranted) statement for a guy with less than 10-posts under his belt slinging a Cadillac on a predominantly Ford based site.

I could be wrong here but I think I remember reading something about the caprice squad car vs. the crown vic squad. I pretty sure it said that the vic was faster than the caprice in a 1/4 mile race and was basically a better car. like I said tho....I could have been sniffing paint or something at that time.:shrug: